Berrymans B12 Chemtool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, fwiw, I added a can to my Tacoma, and it idles smoother and is definitely running better. Best results so far from a can of fuel injector cleaner. Sticking with it.

B12 is some pretty harsh stuff right? Seems like you wouldn't want to use it more than once in a blue moon..

Chemtool is best at removing varnish in the fuel system, once its cleaned away a PEA based cleaner is better and safer at keeping them that way.
I wouldn't use Chemtool too often, its has some very potent chemicals and may not be the best thing for some plastic in the pump/fuel sender unit.

I've used it, it is more of a solvent. I'd make sure it was sufficiently diluted.
Also i'd make sure not to get it on my skin, I think it has MEK in it.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

Also i'd make sure not to get it on my skin, I think it has MEK in it.

FYI: I got MEK on my hands daily for years in the 80's. Also Acetone on my hands, put my head in a Freon Degreaser tank, etc and I'm totally fine inside & out. In fact, my hands look VERY young.
grin.gif

Disclaimer: ^ Do NOT do. Follow ALL precautions. Always use full protection. Duh.

It's the B9 Chemdip that you do not want to get on your hands...because you will smell it there for a week.

I think it's the Cresylic Acid.

I use it once every oil change or 6 months. Pretty good stuff but I agree, it can be a little on the harsh side. My engine loves it though.

B12 is stronger than MMO, Lucas or Seafoam.

I added a half a can to an '87 Ranger the other day. It had less than half a tank. I drove it for maybe 20-25mins and I was definitely impressed what it did to the truck. Accelerated better and felt like it needed since its been a neglected farm truck for the past several years.

These days with ethanol doing it's damage to everyone's engines stuff sold in the cans that some swear off and some use religiously DO WORK GREAT!

B12, Lucas UCL, MMO, And seafoam I must say are best of the best stuff you can buy and use in any engine to help clean it out a good bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back