Gumout Q&A - Fuel System Additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused by how your fuel treatments are marketed.

Regane Complete, Regane High Mileage, and All-In-One Complete seem to serve the same purpose. I never really know which one to choose since the only thing discerning them are their names and sizes. Why not simplify it to one formula? Do I get more detergents by buying the All-In-One/Regane High Mileage over Regane Complete? Is it possible to use too much or too often?

How is this snake oil better than similar oils?? Purebred unicorn tears???
27.gif

Last edited:
Could you compare and contrast the product lineup differences between Canada and the United States for us? Up here, we customarily see Gumout REGANE Complete Fuel System Cleaner and the High Mileage version, and I'm under the assumption that these are two of your top products.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Where do we get the ANSWERS to these QUESTIONS??????

We will close the thread this coming weekend, then Gumout will answer the questions and return them to us within a couple weeks of when we close the thread.

Thanks,

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wemay
Good day and thank you.

How does your product keep GDI (direct injection) intake systems clean when fuel doesn't reach Intake Valves in a conventional PFI way.

I 2nd this question.

Also, what gains can a consumer who purchases only Top Tier certified fuel expect by using a fuel system cleaning/lubing product at a regular interval, versus only using Top Tier certified fuel? As a follow up, if a consumer uses non Top Tier fuel, would you say that regularly using a fuel system additive would leave the fuel system in the same state as a consumer who only used Top Tier fuel without using additional additives?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RamFan
what gains can a consumer who purchases only Top Tier certified fuel expect by using a fuel system cleaning/lubing product at a regular interval, versus only using Top Tier certified fuel? As a follow up, if a consumer uses non Top Tier fuel, would you say that regularly using a fuel system additive would leave the fuel system in the same state as a consumer who only used Top Tier fuel without using additional additives?

^^^^ excellent question

I would appreciate any before and after pictures you may have of cylinder combustion chambers/top ends.
Especially showing change after a single treatment or multiple treatments with Gumout products.

Before and after pics of various top ends using Top Tier Fuel(with descriptions of mileage and drivng type, severe stop and go vs extended highway miles) vs Top Tier+Gumout would be impressive and if convincing....would be the BEST marketing strategy you could possibly provide

thanks

Last edited:
PEA concentrations per bottle.

Is there really a difference between the "high mileage" and the "Complete" products both with Regane?

Optimum method for application. Says it treats 50-70 litres of fuel. That is pablum for the general public. I really want to know if I add a full bottle to eg: 20L of fuel am I going to get the results I am looking for in cleaning my fuel pump, injectors etc vs 40L or more.

I want to see info that I can't find on the general website considering this website/forum is about the minutia.

I was looking at the Gumout website and it seems like there are a lot of products that say they will clean the combustion chamber but I'm wondering which one of those products does the best job of this particular task? That's my biggest concern when using a fuel system treatment personally.

I have been happy with the Gumout All-In-One cleaner I had been using, and felt even better about it after reading the Q&A regarding the PEA content.

I have been looking for one simple, short, easy answer.

Which product is the best/most effective to use as an in the tank fuel system cleaner?

All-In One or Multi-System Tune Up?

Also, while we are at it. Are the Expert Series the same as the above mentioned products, only marketed for Autzone? Or do they differ?

Thanks!

Has anyone ran there harley using dynacycle 20-50.
How did it shift,run and was there any tappet noise from the engine.

Thank you to all who participated by asking questions. We will have the answers back from Gumout in a couple weeks.

Thanks,

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back