Any V-8 juice lovers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it! About 1/4th of a glass, chilled, then topped off with a BudLite! A couple of green olives really makes my day.

Yeah, my dad liked his beer with a Snappy Tom's (spicy tomato juice). I like Clamato (tomato and clam juice), but some people dont like Clamato.

If you enjoy V8 juice, and have a Trader Joe's nearby, try their Low sodium Garden Patch.

I think it is about a hundred fold tastier than V8, I drink about a gallon of it a week minimum, and sometimes just crave it.

Also makes a much better Bloody Mary, in my opinion.

Many others who tried the GardenPatch, agree.

Thank you both and I will try this. Thanks again oris24 and wrcsixeight
wink.gif

Have had issues with sever leg cramps, at night after going thru chemo. Have found V8 gives me the nourishment needed to all but stop these nasty mid night cramps.

Plus I like it!

Used to like it, not the Sodium...but thanks to this thread, I now know that there's a high K, lower Na version.

Also just found out it's $1/cup, in 5 cup bottles.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
If you enjoy V8 juice, and have a Trader Joe's nearby, try their Low sodium Garden Patch.

I think it is about a hundred fold tastier than V8, I drink about a gallon of it a week minimum, and sometimes just crave it.

Also makes a much better Bloody Mary, in my opinion.

Many others who tried the GardenPatch, agree.

Totally agreed, stay away from pasteurized juices. They tend to have much lower levels of the stuff you're trying to get!

Make your own in seconds with a juicer...

I've been drinking V-8 since I was a toddler.

My mom loved it. She passed that on to me!

I've never had any issues at all with the sodium content. My vitals are exceptional for my age.....or any age really.

I will try that "Garden Patch" stuff at Trader Joe's. I like that store.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

I've never had any issues at all with the sodium content. My vitals are exceptional for my age.....or any age really.

I will try that "Garden Patch" stuff at Trader Joe's. I like that store.

Benefits of lowering sodium (even if you feel its not a problem) are huge. As a minimum potassium should be increased. I try to have at least 2 times as much potassium as sodium.

Very reputable article:
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/salt-and-sodium/sodium-health-risks-and-disease/

Originally Posted By: car51
Thanks stevesrt8. As I should use my blender more, it works well for me so far

Hear that? It's my Ninja revving up to juice some stuff right now!

Mmmm, kale, pineapple, carrot, and whatever else I have gets me a glass full of high powered go...

I like some fresh spinach, kale, carrots, a beet or two, and maybe a splash of lime juice with some McIlhenny brand hot sauce and some horseradish my farmer friend brings me
smile.gif
I love kiwi, havent thrown any of that into my orange, pineapple, blackberries, and sweet potato mix YET :-0

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Mmmm, kale, pineapple, carrot, and whatever else I have gets me a glass full of high powered go...

How do you like the ninja.

I've got a cold press low rpm juicer I use daily and nutri-bullet. The nutri ballet works really well at turning wheatgrass into something semi edible.

Fresh pineapple is like candy.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

How do you like the ninja.

I've got a cold press low rpm juicer I use daily and nutri-bullet. The nutri ballet works really well at turning wheatgrass into something semi edible.

Fresh pineapple is like candy.

I love the thing. It's a bit of overkill but a wonderful machine that can chop up a cell phone and serve it in a smoothie!

Like most though it is a pain to keep it really clean...

I sometimes opt for this on an airplane flight, or if I go out to breakfast and juice is included. Never bought a bottle of the stuff though.

Cold with a lemon squeezed in is tasty IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back