Getting rid of different type of grass....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My front lawn's been having grass that looks like "wheat" stalks. I want to get rid of it without damaging the very little desired grass that I have. IS there something that I can spray or use to kill just the wheat? Thanks

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
My front lawn's been having grass that looks like "wheat" stalks. I want to get rid of it without damaging the very little desired grass that I have. IS there something that I can spray or use to kill just the wheat? Thanks

not that I know of, I have some too. I nuke it and fill in the bare spot later.

Originally Posted By: philipp10
your in LA? I thought you were in a drought? How can any grass be growing?

I know what kind of grass lol.

What you described sounds like Foxtail. There is a product called Drive that works great for it. I recommend using some surfactant with it as well.

We always just use a good "weed and feed" on our St Augustine to get rid of all undesirable weeds and grasses.

Originally Posted By: fisher83
What you described sounds like Foxtail.

Yeah - usually you gotta let your lawn grow pretty tall before it'll start giving off foxtails.
21.gif

Most grassy weeds are annual so putting down a good pre-emergent at the right time will help prevent them from coming back next year. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: philipp10
your in LA? I thought you were in a drought? How can any grass be growing?
because officials here care more about aesthetic appeal than more important situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back