Dealership offered synthetic oil changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you got a decent dealer to offer that. When i was shopping for a new ram in 2012, i couldn't get any local dealers to give me the truck for the price i wanted.

I eventually bought one from zeigler in Kalamazoo, MI. A CC 4x4 Express Hemi for 29k OTD enclosed trailered to my house. When the sales lady first accepted my offer she said i can also give you 5 free oil and filter changes as well to keep your business with us. This was a way better price than any other dealer plus free oil changes.

Obviously i couldn't use the free oil changes since i live 5 hours away from the dealer, but she still sent me 5 vouchers with the Shipper. I was impressed. there are a few good dealers in the country.

OP if they are offering free oil changes then i would take them up on it. Again as mentioned above make sure they are putting in the correct weight and a name brand oil.

Last edited:
It's highly unlikely the dealer would offer you 10 synthetic LOF services for $200. I do these packages for one of the big 3 and we reimburse $50 per LOF. This program would have a dealer cost of about $385 if it were one of our programs.

Find out if the oil changes have an expiration date. I stupidly bought a deal like this years ago from Chrysler with a new van. What they didn't tell me was to actually use all your prepaid oil changes you would have to have them change your oil every 3 months. I never used all of them and the remaining 'coupons' all expired. They really took me on that one.

The price is right, and if you have someone else do your oil changes, go for it. I got free oil changes for life with a new car once......Took it in exactly once. Between waiting an hour, and having to drain the extra quart out when I got home, I never went back for another. Sometimes even free isn't cheap enough.

And expect the "your brakes are getting low... you better get that fixed... it is almost unsafe to drive it like that..." or the "your tires have some uneven wear... we SHOULD do an alignment before you really damage the tires..."

The oil change deal is a "get you in the service dept door..." deal.

The upsells are what make it work... for the dealer at least.

Remember these words.... NO THANK YOU... and it's a good deal. Be weak, and you will pay for stuff you probably don't really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back