Local fuel station pumping E10 into E0 tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local fuel station was photographed Saturday night with an E10 fuel nozzle stuck down the fill hole for the E0 tanks. Nozzle was in the driveway, and a couple of bins guarding it.

That's 3c/l extra profit margin (2%ish).

I'm trusting that they will be visited by
* Department of Fair Trading;
* Weights and Measures;
* and workcover for breach of handling of dangerous goods inventory.

And hoping that the local backlash is such that they no longer have a business.

Wow, didn't know you guys had this E10 garbage down there in OZ too. There's oil everywhere cheap and we have to turn food into fuel.

Yeah, E10 has been here since Gulf War 1 IIRC...Early days the price/energy point was always parity, but last half decade, E10 loses badly.

It's why one of the biggest grain refining groups had secret meetings with the last (corrupt) premier of my state, who made a 10% mandate, in spite of the fact that they could not source enough Ethanol to fulfill the mandate...take the economics out of it.

I will buy E10 for the Caprice when the price is right...premium with 10% ethanol added, and 100RON.

The problem is now, is that millions if not billions have been invested in plants to make Alcohol. Now what to do with the plants and equipment? A..hs in the US was trying to get a 15% alcohol as the standard mix instead of 10%. Ed

Last edited:
When politicians are looking for campaign donations and the E10 people step up, then E10 becomes good for us. When money is involved facts and evidence are not needed especially if the truth is inconvenient.

My turbo cars love the ethanol, the more the better!

I don't know what you guys are complaining about.

Well, actually, I clearly understand. I had a heck of a time getting my two stroke bikes running correctly on E10. Not realizing that the ethanol was separating in the crankcase and causing some bizarre problems. I've since switched to ethanol free race fuel. And many of my OPE stuff had ruined components from E10.

I buy the 100% real gas for OPE stuff at Shell - the VMAx premium. The other 10% ethanol regular grade runs fine in the cars that are daily drivers.
Save the planet sure has taken some strange twists and turns.
Don't get me started on palm oil plantations and the impact on local farmers.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
The problem is now, is that millions if not billions have been invested in plants to make Alcohol. Now what to do with the plants and equipment? A..hs in the US was trying to get a 15% alcohol as the standard mix instead of 10%. Ed

I can answer this...we need to all drink 3 cocktails a fay...

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Eddie said:

I can answer this...we need to all drink 3 cocktails a fay... [/quote The ethanol plants add gasoline to the product before shipping to prevent theft. Union Pacific hauls it out of the ADM plant here and other plants around us every day. You are correct about the politics involved. The growers loved it when corn was $8.00 a bushel, but with the current slump, corn prices are below what it costs to grow it so many growers are planting soybeans this year. I have used E-10 for years in Hondas and Toyotas with not problems.The perp in this post should be prosecuted for fraud and closed down.

Originally Posted By: Danno
Don't get me started on palm oil plantations and the impact on local farmers.

You have started me on this now. Many people don't realise the extent of this problem.
The environmental impact of palm oil plantations goes way beyond local farmers. It impacts wildlife, emissions when they burn off the (irreplaceable) rain forest, and more. Quite a deal of this activity being carried out illegally as a result of corruption.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I think my car ran better on MTBE.

One of the EPA "better ideas. They're still filtering groundwater around closed gas stations all over the Northeast. The oil companies said to the EPA..."You TOLD us to use this stuff instead of lead".

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
When politicians are looking for campaign donations and the E10 people step up, then E10 becomes good for us. When money is involved facts and evidence are not needed especially if the truth is inconvenient.
And when the bureaucrats are all "Government" majors who know more "gubbermint" means more and better JOBS for gubbernment majors.

I would imagine that the station and its lawyers will deal with the authorities by claiming some well-meaning but misguided intent and the business will end up paying a small civil penalty.
Any local backlash will be effectively dealt with via a period of lower prices than any other area station.
This is how dishonesty at this level is typically resolved.

So all the "my car runs so much better on E0" stories are old man's tales? I'm not even sure E0 exists at all these days. But if it makes you feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back