High Volume Hose Sprinkler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a high volume hose sprinkler. Something that mimics my index finger being over the end of a hose. I'm absolutely amazed that there's nothing on the market like that. As soon as you put a sprinkler on the end of your garden hose, you immediately lose water volume. It's the old pressure/volume relationship in physics. I want something high volume yet still throws the water out over a good distance. So far, no product on the market has been able to match the fabulous ability of the human index finger.

You're in California. Are you even allowed to use your garden hose?
crackmeup2.gif

They're talking about issuing us a $25 fine if we use too much water, but they won't tell us what that water limit is. That's like getting a speeding ticket when there's no speed limit sign!

I have one that's basically the homeowner's version of a fire hose nozzle. The lever on top adjusts the volume, the dial in front of the lever adjusts the pressure, and turning the tip adjusts from a wide spray to a narrow stream. It's got quite the range when you set it to a narrow stream and turn the pressure all the way up.

41KseZcVmJL._SY300_.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They're talking about issuing us a $25 fine to if we use too much water, but they won't tell us what that water limit is. That's like getting a speeding ticket when there's no speed limit sign!
$25? That's not bad at all. I'd have the greenest grass on the block and pay an extra $25
wink.gif

The Dramm 12353 is about the best for a full-flow ball valve. Kind of pricy.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
You're in California. Are you even allowed to use your garden hose?
crackmeup2.gif

Really. Why are you watering your lawn? You already live in a desert. Now its a drought stricken desert, and you're looking for a sprinkler with more volume.

Yeah I planted a beautiful perennial rye grass lawn last November. But right now, my giant ash tree is trying to suck up all the water I put on the lawn.

Just put a piece of duct tape over the end of the hose. Trim it to size to mimic the affect of sticking your thumb in the end of the hose.

Last edited:
We have to have a lawn to prevent soil erosion; otherwise, when we rake leaves up in the Fall and there's no grass there, the soil gets raked up with the leaves.

We have to have a lawn to prevent soil erosion; otherwise, when we rake leaves up in the Fall and there's no grass there, the soil gets raked up with the leaves.

Put down gravel and use a leaf blower in the Fall. Low maintenance! Use the new found time to troll more on BITOG.

You live in an area that's in the middle of a drought that's getting worse every day. Now you're asking about watering your lawn? You're representing everything we've come to expect from the people of California.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

You live in an area that's in the middle of a drought that's getting worse every day. Now you're asking about watering your lawn? You're representing everything we've come to expect from the people of California.

Maybe he is rich and powerful and will have the water trucked in when all the water is gone for his yard and pool
grin.gif

I have one of these affixed to a wooden block. A 4x4 about 12 inches long. It's cheezy, but really pumps out the water. It only covers about 10 feet in each direction. But, it's trouble free and easy to use.

41ZXj3envNL._SY300_.jpg

Here is a heavy duty version.

41og7MsfWqL.jpg

Last edited:
That yellow Nelson version is what I use. I like them. Really pumps out water and soaks your lawn etc. Plus no moving parts to break or go wrong. I move them around frequently as I'm cutting the lawn in another section.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

My thoughts as well, but I think (hope) he's jerking our chain.

I think I found what I'm looking for. It's called the Underhill SHN-75.

It's used by the turf maintainers to water golf courses.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back