Gyrocopter Lands On Capital Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police did their job by arresting him. You certainly would not want an ordinary US citizen being allowed to visit the White House.

I saw that in the news. One of the reporters had him flying a "gyroscope", many mentions of helicopter, etc. The technical acumen of our news is not that good.

I was rather amused by the US Postal Service logo on the tail and his use of US Mail totes to carry the letters. They deliver.

I guess he wanted to bring attention to an old problem. As Will Rogers witfully put it many, many years ago "America has the best politicians money can buy."

Unfortunately, delivery was declined.

They are making a bigger deal out of this than it is. Sour grapes that their air defense system couldn't catch a mailman on a flying lawn stool never mind a serious threat.
Maybe they should give the guy a medal for exposing a serious deficiency, imagine if that was some lunatic with a dirty bomb flying right at the White House or Capitol.

Quote:
Air Force Maj. Jamie Humphries, a NORAD spokesman, said the authorities are investigating why NORAD was not made aware of the gyrocopter until after it had landed on the Capitol grounds.

“We are trying to determine the why, but I can say we did not scramble assets,” he said

Another hole exposed, there are so many more that someone is thinking up.

Hope for the best and make peace where you can.

Hilarious. I read his mailbag contained letters from people complaining about money in politics. I heard he said he was going to do it.

he told the Times that he was first inspired to take extreme protest measures after his son committed a gruesome public suicide.

On an August night in 2012, John Joseph Hughes, 24, drove west into the eastbound lanes of a major highway near Orlando, turned off his headlights, and hit the accelerator until he slammed into an oncoming vehicle. Hughes killed himself and the other driver, a 66-year-old man.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I hope he gets a jury trial ending with hung jury or acquittal, but his postal career will probably end for misusing their trademark.

Thats not the first time an Autogyro landed at the Capital...
in 1931 Pilot Jim Ray, flying the Pitcairn PCA-2 autogyro plane,
is first aviator to descent in front of White House... President
Herbert Hoover awards Ray...

Last edited:
The media is making the guy out to be a crazed lunatic, but nothing could be further from the truth. He's one of the of last real patriots this country has - and a brave one at that. All he wanted to do is deliver those letters to Congress that all those people have written. This country is in desperate need of campaign finance reform. The root of all corruption starts at campaign finance. When great big corporations and foreign countries are aloud to contribute large sums of money to a presidential candidate's campaign fund, there is something majorly wrong with this country.

Gives new meaning to the term: US Air Mail

He would have been better received if he had flown over the Capitol building and began dropping PAC money checks for the Senators and Representatives. Mail Call !!

Last edited:
Those tires look a little small to be operating off of grass. The lawn on the White House could stand some attention.

Apparently the guy is a pretty good airman - low level navigated ( IFR - I follow roads? ) to his destination and looks to have a good fuel reserve left. I'm guessing that his flying days are over for around 72-120 months, though.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
When great big corporations and foreign countries are aloud to contribute large sums of money to a presidential candidate's campaign fund, there is something majorly wrong with this country.

Did all those large sums of money influence your vote???

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
When great big corporations and foreign countries are aloud to contribute large sums of money to a presidential candidate's campaign fund, there is something majorly wrong with this country.

Did all those large sums of money influence your vote???
I did what the tv told me to do !.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I hope he gets a jury trial ending with hung jury or acquittal, but his postal career will probably end for misusing their trademark.
Going postal ?

The media is making the guy out to be a crazed lunatic, but nothing could be further from the truth. He's one of the of last real patriots this country has - and a brave one at that. All he wanted to do is deliver those letters to Congress that all those people have written. This country is in desperate need of campaign finance reform. The root of all corruption starts at campaign finance. When great big corporations and foreign countries are aloud to contribute large sums of money to a presidential candidate's campaign fund, there is something majorly wrong with this country.
The media is the government corporate propaganda are. that is why [not my term] the voters are so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back