What was your first music album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C&C Music Factory.
blush.gif

Thriller by mj. The only vinyl that didn't skip. I was 5, so right at the union collapse if I'm not mistaken. Boratland declared independence in 93..

Elvis...yes...Elvis.

My parents bought me a cheap little table-top stereo system back in the mid-70's. Crummy turn tables, AM/FM radio, and an 8-track. Horrid two speaker deal.

I was happy though. It seemed real nice back then.

Parents ordered me some hideous TV record set of Elvis's greatest hits.

I pretty much can't stand Elvis now...lol.

First album is ever bought was Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band when it first came out. Second was Let it Bleed. I had to sell some Hot Wheels to be able to buy them.

My sister gave me my first two record albums, as Christmas gifts. I've still got them.

Simon & Garfunkel, Sounds of Silence.

Beatles, Let it Be.

Wow, this brings back memories.

Meet the Beatles was the first LP I ever purchased. In 1979.
Beatles Live at the Hollywood Bowl was my first cassette also in 1979. Second cassette was The Rutles.
I think my first CD was Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense.

My first record album was Kiss Destroyer. I rode my bicycle to the store and bought it with my grass cutting money.

I still have the album.

First Album ? Who had money for albums ? ? ? In 1962 I was 11 years old & buying singles. The first two, and I'm embarrassed to admit it, were Elvis Presley's "Return to Sender" and Frank Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night". Luckily the Beatles came on the scene soon thereafter and saved me.

Z

Jethro Tull, Living in the past.

Purchased in a small record store above a Boutique in Oxford St , London.

The salesman (owner of the store) was Richard Branson.

To go along with my new Sylvania "portable" stereo record player(It had detachable speakers & was on a small roll-around cart, with wire brackets to hold the speakers!
grin2.gif
), I got to pick out an album. The record was a brand new release then- you may have heard of it.
The band: The Beatles
The album: Abbey Road

Originally Posted By: FowVay
My first record album was Kiss Destroyer. I rode my bicycle to the store and bought it with my grass cutting money.

I still have the album.

I was just listening to that earlier today.
thumbsup2.gif

First cassette was Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill
First CD was Soundgarden - Superunknown
First vinyl was The Beatles in Mono box set

Most recent music purchase was Johnny Cash Koncert v Praze, Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze 7", and Reverend Horton Heat It's a Rave Up/Beer, Write This Song 7". All were Record Store Day exclusive releases yesterday.

First Tape i actually BOUGHT: Abba / Arrival.
First CD BOUGHT : Dire Straits / Brothers in Arms.

(Don't remember which first tape album or CD album I actually HEARD, though...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back