Royal Purple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go! RP thread! onward to 72 pages of arguments for the next three days!

OP it is good oil. Here in the U.S its hard to find it really cheap. i hear in Canada it is priced more competitively. good luck!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donnyj08

OP it is good oil. Here in the U.S its hard to find it really cheap. i hear in Canada it is priced more competitively. good luck!

Don't worry, if it gets out of Hand, I will ask the mods to close it.

Yes, up here it is priced the same as M1 - 414.99/L. I am not a fan of Exxon Mobil/ Imperial oil, refuse to support them.

Thanks a lot.

Try the search function. Read the threads already made about the stuff. That should tie you up reading for a week or so.
If you have any questions after reading the thousands of existing posts then ask,but til then rest assured it's a good product however their synerlec stuff is better

If the price is competitive i see no reason not to use it!

As Clevy said the synerlec stuff is best. The API stuff is very similar to synpower, which isn't a bad thing as i use a lot of synpower. The issue is it costs about $13 more per 5 qts than synpower.

I also doubt RP is using base stocks that are any better than Ashland in their API lineup.

Last edited:
If the price is competitive i see no reason not to use it!
I agree and would further add--whether the price is competitive or not, if you want to try it--then go for it and ignore the rhetoric.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
ignore the rhetoric.

I think it should come with a fruity grape soda fragrance to match its color.

Originally Posted By: WillB

Don't worry, if it gets out of Hand, I will ask the mods to close it.

Yes, up here it is priced the same as M1 - 414.99/L. I am not a fan of Exxon Mobil/ Imperial oil, refuse to support them.

Thanks a lot.

They probably buy their base stocks from Exxon Mobil BTW.

A 5qt jug is north of $51 at Partsource.

Good oil for a not-so-good price.

There are plenty of options for less for an oil where your car likely won't know or "feel" the difference.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They don't send out free samples.

laugh.gif
I see your still bitter about that.

OP it isn't purple valvoline, nor does it contain unicorn tears. It is good oil and the synerlec technology is great stuff. Use with confidence. The cheapest place I have found HPS is jegs online. If you want to pay a little more and get it the same day, Oreilly's is your best bet. Good luck and let us know how you like it!

Originally Posted By: jk_636
OP it isn't purple valvoline, nor does it contain unicorn tears. It is good oil and the synerlec technology is great stuff. Use with confidence. The cheapest place I have found HPS is jegs online. If you want to pay a little more and get it the same day, Oreilly's is your best bet. Good luck and let us know how you like it!

OP lives in Canada

Originally Posted By: Oily_hair
laugh.gif
I see your still bitter about that.

It was only a 2-ounce bottle. I was probably the only guy in the whole history of the company to ask for it. For a company that charges exorbitant prices for their oil, they sure are cheap!

They don't send out free samples.

Nor did YOU.

You say in your profile you work in Industrial Sales, and I gave you every opportunity to send me a "free sample", and you did not. You failed to respond at all.

RP is too smart to fall for stupid internet stunts.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
thumbsup2.gif

Just think of what they missed out on. If I had liked the stuff, they would've had a windfall of free advertising! They missed the chance of a lifetime.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
thumbsup2.gif

Just think of what they missed out on. If I had liked the stuff, they would've had a windfall of free advertising! They missed the chance of a lifetime.

you'd have a rough time convincing most BITOG'ers to use RP anyway lol.

Advertising RP on this forum would be like tinkling in the wind..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back