Why no High Mileage Motorcycle oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very surprised there is no High Mileage motorcycle oil on the market. Cant think of even one major player? There is many of older/vintage bikes out there.

Most bikes spec 10w40 - 20w50, which are thick oils to begin with. I doubt the slightly thicker formula would do nada. However, I wonder what the additives would do for the clutch?? That may be the reason no HM MC oils are available. Or, I may just be blabbering but that's my .02 cents.

Originally Posted By: thorromig
Very surprised there is no High Mileage motorcycle oil on the market. Cant think of even one major player? There is many of older/vintage bikes out there.

Typical motorcycle oil is already on the heavier side and loaded with additives, which is kind of what an HM oil is, isn't it?

I can only imagine a Harley Shovelhead owner trying out a motorcycle specific high mileage oil hoping it will stop the bike from leaking oil.

i would guess the market just isn't there for a HM motorcycle oil. I rarely see bikes with extremely high mileage.

if i see a 75-100k mile bike it is usually a big cruiser gold wing or harley, but it isn't often i see that.

Do any of you ever see many bikes with over 100k miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back