New Truck, 2015 Ram 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after thinking long and hard, after the [censored] winter we had here. I sold My 06 Mercury and bought a 4x4 2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Big horn edition with the HEMI in brilliant black. This black is pretty, kinda looks like the old metal flake!

Anyone on here have this vehicle or one like it? How do you like yours so far, what oil do you use? I will probably dump the FF after 1,500 miles or so.

Post up some pics next weekend.

I'm always surprised at people who are still buying fiat group vehicles with their reliability ratings in the last... 10 years. Let alone since fiat actually bought them.

That said good luck.

Nice truck! Enjoy, it should be a hoot! Folks on here have really enjoyed the Hemi in its various configurations, and so far have taken a shine to the new Ram.

If you don't mind posting, what sort of a deal were you able to get on it?

Well it was either the ram which has great reliability ratings or a Silverado that has had more recalls than any other truck in the last year. Ford wasn't a choice since it only has a 60k warranty and I wanted 100k.

The Hemi seems nice and the ZF trannie is super nice as compared to other offerings.

I did not get a 2500 or diesel. I got the 1500 which has an excellent rating. Ram didn't have 300,000 trucks recalled for catching fire. Neither does my ram have vibrating issues that thousands of Silverado owners have, even the 2 new ones I test drove were vibrating. Every chevy I've ever owned had issues. Replaced the trans in our impala several times and the 07 Silverado ate oil like water with it's AFM issues.

I get my info from the numbers on a specific model. Go on the GM-truck forum and the ram forum and see who is having more issues with their trucks.

Every manufacturer has models with issues, when it comes to light duty trucks chevy has more than others.

Furthermore, I do not care that you are a fanboy. Go rain on someone else's parade. Trying to make others bitter because you are bitter.

Beautiful Truck my friend. No need to justify your purchase to anyone but yourself!

I have seen a few(if not exactly) RAM 1500 at our local dealerships. They're very nice indeed!

Best of luck and enjoy
smile.gif

CB

Last edited:
Nice truck, mine is due to hit the dealers lot this week, currently its on a train in Kentucky.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Nice truck, mine is due to hit the dealers lot this week, currently its on a train in Kentucky.

Thanks brother! What trim level/package did you get?

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Beautiful Truck my friend. No need to justify your purchase to anyone but yourself!

I have seen a few(if not exactly) RAM 1500 at our local dealerships. They're very nice indeed!

Best of luck and enjoy
smile.gif

CB

Thanks bub! Love the looks of these, and can't get over how fast they are for their size!

Originally Posted By: CT8
The Hemi seems nice and the ZF trannie is super nice as compared to other offerings.

The 8 speed is really smooth, with a lightning quick first gear of 4.17 I believe.

Buick Verano is a Chevy Cruze...and that's Buicks best?? I like the style and horsepower of the RAMs...Chrysler has always been the laughing stock,but I have Chrysler products and would buy more.I favor the older ones,but if I needed a new truck,I would certainly consider a V6 RAM,or an F150,but I am not sold on the Ecoboost formula though....

Originally Posted By: Char Baby

Best of luck and enjoy
smile.gif

CB

+1

No need to justify it. Very nice, im sure you will enjoy it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Buick Verano is a Chevy Cruze...

It uses the same platform. It's a substantially different car under the skin and on the inside. Different (not shared) engines, different brakes, different suspension tuning/setup (Watts linkage rear on the Verano vs. a plain old twist beam rear on the Cruze, as well as substantially revised front springs/struts), and a completely different interior. Also different assembly sites. The Cruze is assembled at Lordstown, while the Verano is assembled in Orion Township. There you go for differences in quality.

Back on topic: Any plans for switching the tires, or do the OEM ones do all right in the winter?

While we can all agree that CR ratings can be subjective, the last five years for all domestic trucks has shown a nice improvement. The RAM 1500 in particular looks good ... congrats on the new truck!

IXsHY6u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back