GT Radial Adventuro AT3 ... Anyone use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soo ... went to swap the studded tires off the F350 and throw on the Uniroyal Liberator AT and found a few issues ...

tefeNbE.jpg

1kzwZEG.jpg

Besides the cracks the sidewalls are bubbled bad On 3. Only one good tire.

Went looking for a decentish looking tread that would last a few more years. Truck is pretty rusty. He doesn't drive it much (maybe 500 miles a year ... I suspect that caused the problem with the uniroyals ) and rarely carries too mucH. Pretty much the only time it gets driven is when it needs to haul something.

Anyone used these? http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct...d=16&cs=245

Price seems good. Right load range. I think they will work well ... probably year round too.

I figure we'll get 4 of these and a junkyard wheel and use the only good liberator as a spare.

At 500 miles a year I'd use whatever I could find that's the cheapest as long as it isn't pulling 10k pounds for those 500 miles a year.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
At 500 miles a year I'd use whatever I could find that's the cheapest as long as it isn't pulling 10k pounds for those 500 miles a year.

We got the Liberators on Craigslist 5 years ago used. Difference is ... can't find good used truck tires any more

Oddly enough the truck has heavy service rear suspension and camper package and it is rated for LESS than a lot of half tons!

In a few years it may see jeep puller duty ...

Originally Posted By: Miller88

We got the Liberators on Craigslist 5 years ago used. Difference is ... can't find good used truck tires any more

Oddly enough the truck has heavy service rear suspension and camper package and it is rated for LESS than a lot of half tons!

In a few years it may see jeep puller duty ...
Any E rated tire would be overkill for being a Jeep puller too. I've towed my brothers Cherokee on a rented Uhaul trailer with my grandmother's Trailblazer and it had 35 psi max Michelins lol. Worked just fine and was about 5,200 pounds

The truck also has some ... weight reduction ...
Lol I've gotta see pics of this!

I'll say before somebody else does. Only buy Michelin. The GOLD of tires.

58000 miles
frown.gif

Frame scale in the front
p3XThSS.jpg

Rusted out wheel well ... flaps around because the support rusted off
dW0r4Fq.jpg

More frame scale, rusted out bedside support, and rusted out bed crossbar
1bwIAXy.jpg

More frame rust
JCvSOTM.jpg

Hole in the bed
Js877U0.jpg

58,000 miles!? Is it only used in the winter? I'm so glad we don't have to worry about that here.

58,000 miles!? Is it only used in the winter? I'm so glad we don't have to worry about that here.

Nope. Just a 13 year old Ford in NY. In fact , it hasn't seen a winter road since early 2011. It hasn't got worse in the last 5 years.

My father bought it new in 2001. Lived 4 or 5 miles from work. He retired in 2009 and it's been sitting since.

I'm going to try to buy it when I get a house. Manual Trans , 4.10 gears, vinyl bench seat, power nothing , no ac. .. a real work truck

those are one of the better chinese brands. Should work fine.

Not top tier.. but exceeds the rest of that truck

Originally Posted By: CKN
I'll say before somebody else does. Only buy Michelin. The GOLD of tires.
At the GOLD of prices, for a truck in THAT shape? DId you LOOK at the pictures?

Last edited:
I think we'll pick them up. Will be a few hundred cheaper Than anything we can get locally.

Originally Posted By: Rand

They sponsor races or something, don't they ?

Originally Posted By: Rand

Hey now, haha! I'd like to buy it in a few years and start a restoration on it.

TLDR:Giti is an OE supplier and is building a large factory in the U.S. I personally would still pass on their GT Radial tires, but they seem to be on the more-reputable end of the scale. They're not one of the total no-name, weird brands made in China.

Giti tire is actually based in Singapore, not China. But, most of their factories are in China. They have one Indonesia factory.

Giti is building a large factory in the U.S. There's a bunch more info on the company in this thread:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3428747/New_tire_factory_to_be_built_i

Interesting! I didn't know they were building a factory here! I have seen a few GT Radial tires around. They apparently make a snow tire now, too. Would be interesting to see how that works out.

I think if the truck was driven more, or was in a bit better shape, it would get a set of Coopers. But it also needs ball joints and front U Joints.

I attempted to do it and the wheel bearing bolts just kinda flaked off ...

Cooper AT/3 is the best moderate AT tire out there right now.
There are amazing deals to be had as well a few times a year.

Unfortunately, we're time limited right now. The truck has studded tires on which will not be legal in 3 weeks.

I think AT/3 would be a better all around choice. And made in the USA.

Unfortunately, we're time limited right now. The truck has studded tires on which will not be legal in 3 weeks.

I think AT/3 would be a better all around choice. And made in the USA.

I think I'd hold out for the memorial day sale. aprox 4 weeks away.

My father really didn't want to wait. So I had to order the Adventuros last night.

Will be interesting to see how they work out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back