AC woes on Ficus AGAIN....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now just thinking out loud when it freezes up if I keep trying to blow a it'll get worse and worse so the ac compressor isn't kicking off. Shouldn't there be a evap temp sensor that kicks the compressor off before it freezes up?

Originally Posted By: ram_man
I realize the condenser isn't what's freezing but the condenser getting a lack of air flow could cause it maybe idk.
A LACK of airflow would cause the condenser to be UNABLE to dump heat and thus cause the system to LOSE cooling ability. The AC cooling cycle is NOT rocket science. Frost on the evaporator is often a symptom of LOW coolant pressure.

Last edited:
Except the pressures have been checked and the amount and it's not low on refrigerant......

Now just thinking out loud when it freezes up if I keep trying to blow a it'll get worse and worse so the ac compressor isn't kicking off. Shouldn't there be a evap temp sensor that kicks the compressor off before it freezes up?
IF the sensor is on the portion of the evap which is NOT getting cold because of low of "Freon" it won't turn off the compressor. I've seen it happen on window units. You can Google "low refrigerant symptoms".

Last edited:
The pressures and the amount have been checked and rechecked and sucked down and replaced a couple time's so we can rule that out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
It goes back Tuesday morning when I get home from vacation but we all know how that works they can't find the problem so they say they can't verify concern and ship it back to me.
Take it to a different dealership since I know you work for one and it might not be great if you do this, but I know that in Arizona if you take a car into the dealership 4 times for the same substantial problem (A/C issues are substantial) you can lemon law the car. You hire an attorney and they do all the work and the manufacturer pays for the attorney as well.

I actually don't work for a dealer anymore . Couldn't stand their shoddy practices. Yes this will be the 4th time it goes in for this and I could lemon law it but I love my car it's one stupid issue that needs resolved.
Yeah but Ford will either pay you off for the car (and you can just buy another again) or they will give you a brand new car in exchange. Win-win situation.

That's true I just honestly prefer them fix it though. I understand I guess more than others it's a good car with one issue that's a pain to figure out. Me being a tech I get it because I'm baffled by the issue to.

sorry my wife was typing and isn't used to my phone . My phone autocorrects incorrectly

Don't sweat it, that was supposed to be a joke and it looks like I used the wrong version of (there/their/they're)
33.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
sorry my wife was typing and isn't used to my phone . My phone autocorrects incorrectly

Don't sweat it, that was supposed to be a joke and it looks like I used the wrong version of (there/their/they're)
33.gif

After almost 24yrs on this earth I still cannot talk or type 100% correct english so it's all good.

I drove 170 miles today and it never froze....... and I also bought a thermometer and for the 25 minutes I used it today the temp was around 42 at the center vent.

I wonder if it's due to the humidity that yours only gets to 42. My A/C and the 2013 Beetle both get down to 35 degrees.

It may get colder that was just around town tomorrow's drive will be more telling I think.

40 is about right. The thermometers people use are not that accurate.

35 at the vent is 32 or lower in parts of the evaporator, and ice will form and block airflow.

I watched the fordtech makuloco video about the 2014 ford escapes doing the exact same thing my car is doing. Interesting I thought and the evaporated sensor on the escape and the focus are very similar......ford had a tsb on the escapes for freezing up I wonder if to a less extent if the focus has the same issue. What do you guys think?

what refrigerant was used after replacing the evap valve? a 2014 car might require R-1234yf? I doubt the system would work correct if filled with R-134a and could indeed cause the evaporator to freeze.

IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/t89ogw.jpg[/IMG]

Just took this a few minutes ago. I am letting my wife drive part of the way back home and it's actually dipped down to 30 a couple times then it'll come back up to where it is here. It's on regular ac.
Isn't this to cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back