Oil Stash, Formula Shell Syn/blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ok. So Ive been working around cars for a long time but I'm new to the "Science" of the oils. I've always been a fan of SOPUS products as they've seemed to work very well. Anyway getting to the point at hand. I haven't heard much about formula shell synblend 5W30. Is it any good? I have a stash of about 230 quarts that I got for FREE through a dealership I used to work for. Just wondering the quality of the product. And also what you all typically keep in your stash and how much? Also Autozone in my area has P4 Ultra for 34.99 with filter (idr what kind)Is that a decent deal as well?

how did they give it to you for free?

but 230 quarts for free and I had no other oil in my stash? I would run that syn blend 5-7.5k OCI if I were you.

They had to get rid of a bulk tank for some immediate construction, and couldn't at the time sell off the lot of oil fast enough, so they let employees who were interested take as much as they wanted until the tank was disposed of. I"m not sure of the reasoning behind it all, I left the company a few weeks after the fact.

This is very good oil.
You have no need to look for any other sales for a few years in my opinion.
That's if this is specd for your car.

Assuming you didnt get the bulk tank itself, you must have those 230 quarts in milk jugs, buckets, Tupperware, old Coleman coolers, etc.

Basically every empty container I could find lol ranging from diff fluid bottles to oil to 5 gallon jugs lol you can imagine the catatrophy

Oil companies claim the shelf life of oil is 5 years. You may be violate fire codes by storing that much oil if you live in a residential area.

Its good oil but you should probably work your way through it or give away to your friends Or forum friends?

You didn't mention your own auto usage needs and your own oci habits. Like someone who has 1 car and 7500 once a year probably will feel better about using the best synthetic as they are price insensitive to the oil price.

The guy who has a fleet of cars for their expended family and is doing a lot of oil changes will treat the oil as a commodity and will be better to go through the stash since the cost of oil can add up for him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back