Bought a new Silverado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post much here, I mostly lurk and try to learn a thing or two. But here is my new truck that I bought yesterday. 2015 Silverado LT, the "All Star" package they call it. 4.3 V6, 4x4, double cab. A bunch of bells and whistles I really didn't need, but nice to have anyway, I guess. Walked in just wanting a basic work truck 4x4, but the wife liked all the fancy stuff on this one.
wink.gif

I hate going to dealerships, the whole process to me is aggravating. It took hours of haggling to get what I wanted for my trade in. Overall I am happy with my purchase though.
I was leery of the V6, but I found it has plenty of power for what I need and was easily able to tow my travel trailer, or my motorcycle trailer.
2015-04-17%2016.19.09.jpg

And here it is parked next to a slightly used Chevy truck.
smile.gif

2015-04-17%2019.05.20.jpg

Last edited:
very nice! i really like the new Silverado. I've been tempted to sell my 08 and purchase one, but my 08 is paid for and only has 41k miles on it so i better not.

So tell us, what type of oil do you plan to run in your new Jenny!???

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Very nice. How much was it?

After GM employee discount I believe it was 39k out the door? I'm not sure, my wife takes care of all that, I will have to look at the paperwork.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Hope you plan on keeping it til the wheels fall off. I don't know much about the V6. It may have plenty of power. But resale, it's a killer.

I am hoping to keep it for as long as possible. These things cost too much. :p

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Very nice. Also, something about those wheels just sets it off right
wink.gif

5 spoke wheels always look best, even split 5s. Very nice truck. A buddy and I had identical 2000 Silverados, he had the 4.3, I had the 5.3, I always got better mileage. Be interesting to see how it does for you .

Could you post a photo of the new LS based 4.3 V6?
I believe it has cylinder dropping tech, so it
should be very good on gas.
Let us know how it does in the real world.
Does the engine spec 5W20?

Should have got the V8. If you go by the EPA numbers, the 5.3L gets the same highway MPG while the 6.2L is rated 1 MPG less than the 4.3.

That's the brother to our Sierra, minus the 4X4, and our color is Granite Grey vs. Tungsten Grey (we almost bought our truck in this color). I personally like the 4.3l V6. It's got plenty of power for casual to moderate pulling. Ours is very comfortable to drive and ride in as well. I also like the fact that an oil change is only 6 qts. vs the 8.5 qts for the V8. I dumped the factory fill at 1K and I've been using Castrol Edge. I plan on sticking with the PF63, at least through the warranty period. Nice truck and congrats.

Nice truck-I couldn't do too much "work" with that one though, I'd tear up the bed too fast! Let us know how it does MPG-wise when towing, I've considered replacing my 6.2 GMC with a 4.3/manual transmission equipped truck, just afraid it would be worked too hard with a load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back