Ndx

Hi Guys,

Doing oil change tomorrow...

0w40 M1 vs 0w40 Castrol vs M1 5w40/50

All above meets A40 spec

All previous changes where M1

Any Castrol users?

Thank you

All your options are outstanding for an application requiring an A40 spec. You really can't go wrong with any of them. Given that, I see no reason to switch from the M1 you've been using.

I am using the old Edge 0W-40 without titanium...

I think it runs better than my previous Mobil 1...

Unless you have a reason for switching, I'd stick with the M1 0w-40. Nothing against Castrol, just M1 has been working well for you this long, might as well stick with it.

The only thing I've noticed between the two is Castrol gave me slightly less cold start noise on sub 30F mornings, no real evidence on the actual wear difference and I suspect relatively no difference in performance over an OCI.

Between the two, I prefer Castrol. It has better TBN retention due to it's magnesium content and it contains a titanium anti wear additive. In reality, both are great oils.

We had a short question in here some time back that ask the question, have you ever blown up your engine due to an oil failure issue, and about 99 percent said no. Any major oil will work for you. If oil manufacturers were making bad oil, they would be gone shortly. The two oils you are talking about are great. Its like shirts and socks, some folks wont buy this or that because they like their existing brand. Its a choice, PS, neither oil will blow your engine...don't split to many hairs, life is to short.

Both are great oils, so all things being equal, I'd stick with M1 and take advantage of the $12 for 5 qt rebate running through May.

I would give Castrol a run but I can't find one with titanium 0w40 only black bottle m.u

ThX guys !! !!

They both carry the required certs which Porsche believes makes them of equal quality and either will contribute to fantastic engine life and performance.
Having used both in my charger I can say in all honesty there was no difference in how my car ran with either and both are of unquestionable quality.
They both carry almost identical certifications so in the real world they are easily considered equals.
You may notice small differences however don't be concerned.

Originally Posted By: Ndx
I would give Castrol a run but I can't find one with titanium 0w40 only black bottle m.u

ThX guys !! !!

I am not aware of the titanium version meeting the same certs as the black bottle. It's possible it does carry the same certs however all I'm saying is I haven't seen it.

M1 0W40 went to P car
Castrol Syntec 0w40 went C car

On other hand they had

FUCHS TITAN SUPERSYN SAE 5W-40 and Pentosin 5w40

33$ for 5 liters... What you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back