Puro Synthetic failed ADBV....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after washing the Silverado at our local car wash today, I swung by Kmart (much to my brothers chagrin) to check out their oil/filter section. None of the oil prices stuck out as a screaming deal so I went on to the oil filters. The only ones they had in stock were Purolators so I skipped over the white and yellow cans and checked out the Purolator Synthetic's. They had my application for the Accord and priced around $8 (usually around $10-$11 I believe). I opened the box up and saw little blue specs everywhere that fairly easily flaked off, so they could be pushed into my engine by oil flow...ok moving on. Then I checked out the application for the Uplander/Buick and what do you know? The ADBV was all curled up inside the filter, I didnt have my phone on me to snap a pic so I asked my brother, unfortunately his battery was too low so I apologize guys and girls there are no pics to share. So this puts the proverbial nail in the coffin, for me at least. I already crossed the white and yellow Puros off my list, now the synthetic ones will be out as well.

That why examining the filter carefully before buying is a good idea. These type of defect is rare, but I wouldn't take chance with Purolator, Fram Ultra is the one to get.

What is the point of posting this without any pictures?

Oh and today I saw a guy riding down the interstate on his Yamaha R1 motorcycle.

He was doing a handstand on the handlebars while doing a wheelie. Sorry I didn't get any pics but I thought I'd let u guys know that it happened...?

To think of all of the things to do in Florida and your posting topics like this,REALLY?!

crackmeup2.gif

BITOG always great for laughs.

Another post, where he adds to the vast amount of knowledge on the site:
Post padding....

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdge
To think of all of the things to do in Florida and your posting topics like this,REALLY?!

crackmeup2.gif

BITOG always great for laughs.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
Where have you been this past year.

Here in BITOG we have been bashing tearolator for a while now.

18.gif

Lol, I am aware. I thought that the Puro Synthetic was still a viable option, and it probably is. This was probably just a rare manufacturer defect, but I wanted to share it with you all anyway. Yes, I get it
"pics or it didn't happen", so feel free to believe me or not my feelings wont be hurt. Have a nice evening ladies and gents.

Originally Posted By: mjk
Another post, where he adds to the vast amount of knowledge on the site:
Post padding....

I think you need to reread the linked thread and consider greg's response in context of the OP's inquiry. The OP said he "wondered if anybody's seen or used it yet", to which greg replied "Yep, seen it but haven't used it". What's wrong with that? The OP asked if anyone had seen it, to which greg honestly replied.

Hello, Dear Bob, you say, "Pics or it never happened. Just sayin....".

Who says? Why can't a verbal description of something exist?

Pictures are great, I love 'em, but WTH are you to decree that picture-less posts are unacceptable? Just sayin..." Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, Dear Bob, you say, "Pics or it never happened. Just sayin....".

Who says? Why can't a verbal description of something exist?

Pictures are great, I love 'em, but WTH are you to decree that picture-less posts are unacceptable? Just sayin..." Kira

If you want to start a post to complain about the visual inspection of a filter, a picture or two would be very helpful. Bob didn't say the post was unacceptable. Where do you get that? Bob is saying that without pictorial evidence we can't be certain what was observed. I concur. Next time bring your camera when you head into Kmart on some sort of oil filter investigatory expedition.

As others have said, without photos this is all here say.

If it did in fact happen, that kind of assembly error could happen in any filter.

The synthetic is an outstanding filter, but some here will use this to continue to bash Purolator as they have been for the past year or so.

Man, there's a lot of undeserved hate directed at OP just for posting his observations of some oil filters on an oil filter forum.

Doesn't matter to me if he had a camera with him or not. I'm able to read what he wrote and I don't need pictures to understand his story. Seriously, do folks think OP is lying just because there isn't a picture?

Some of the replies in this thread reinforce my belief that the quality of this forum ain't what it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back