Cop stomps kids teeth out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh. That's clearly uncalled for. The kid was in the process of laying down on the floor. If you fight with the cops, you should expect some injuries at the very least. But the kid wasn't fighting. I know he ran, but when a cop tells you to get on the floor, and you're getting on the floor, I can't see that he has a reason to kick you.

I wish when I was 18 I would have been considered a "kid", why is this stuff so important on an oil website, is there not enough of it on every other median?

Guys like this give good cops a bad name.
People like him without their gun are cowards, i hope he gets everything whats coming to him.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
Gosh. That's clearly uncalled for. The kid was in the process of laying down on the floor. If you fight with the cops, you should expect some injuries at the very least. But the kid wasn't fighting. I know he ran, but when a cop tells you to get on the floor, and you're getting on the floor, I can't see that he has a reason to kick you.

We didn't see what transpired before this video. But my guess is that the perp wasn't moving fast enough for the officer and likely opening his mouth when not asked to.
And at 18 he is an adult and made the choice to
RUN from the officer to avoid being caught with pot.

I wouldn't have done that move, but if you resist a lawful order from an officer you might get hurt.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Watch the video, its a kid for [censored] sake with his hands up. There was no need for that.

He's 18, Not a "kid" IMO. For crying out loud, one can join the military at 17.

Might be something this "kid" need's to look into.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Is cop facing criminal charges ?

The report says NO criminal charges pending.

My guess is that the officer will get his job back over the next year. It obviously was NOT criminal to
force that perp to the floor like that, it was a judgement call and again the perp was probably moving too slow and moving his lips. Perhaps his Daddy tolerates his nonsense
and this was a wake up call and surprise for him.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

My guess is that the officer will get his job back over the next year. It obviously was NOT criminal to
force that perp to the floor like that, it was a judgement call and again the perp was probably moving too slow and moving his lips. Perhaps his Daddy tolerates his nonsense

You're nuts, no one deserves this kind of treatment. Cops are supposed to administer street justice? I didn't know that. He was obviously complying, his arms out so he couldn't even brace himself for the kick to the back he got.

Kicking someone while they are down will always result in serious injury. I would expect a professional to know better.

And what is it with everyday there being a story of excessive force used by the police coming out? I am having trouble believing there are just a few bad apples, this is obviously a systemic problem.

I'm not qualified to say whether it was or was not a justified use of force, but I am qualified to say that this punk put himself in this situation because, as the reporter said - he didn't want the cop to find the weed he was carrying on his person!

Maybe this moron will think about that. Don't break the law and you probably won't find yourself in this type of situation. It's just that simple.

Ed

This video is an excellent tool for parents. If you show it to your kids, it explains why you should not run from the police. On the other hand, some people will view it as an example of why you should run from the police.

The guys haircut matches his new dental work.

How would you feel if you got the same type of "wake up call?"
This cop will likely face criminal charges and is unlikely to get his job back.
This is as it should be.
We pay the police to perform their jobs in accord with the rules we set for their performance.
Those who can't or won't don't deserve to wear the badge and be accorded all of the honor and respect that goes with it.
This cop was apparently having his own bad day, and a kid carrying weed is hardly a felon, whether he runs or not.
The question has to be how this cop caught the kid.
The kid probably needs a little gym time to go along with the dental work the cop's department will be paying for.
While I never put myself in a position where I would have had to run from the police, when I was eighteen there is no way that any patrol officer could have caught me in a foot chase.
I would have probably been grinning the whole time and might have even teased the pursuing officer about how slow he was and how little endurance he had.
Still, when I was that age, we didn't do anything to attract the attention of the police, not even weed or underage consumption.

I get the feeling you'd be happier in a banana republic where people can be beaten and tortured for "moving lips". If you need some help packing....

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko
I'm not qualified to say whether it was or was not a justified use of force, but I am qualified to say that this punk put himself in this situation because, as the reporter said - he didn't want the cop to find the weed he was carrying on his person!

Maybe this moron will think about that. Don't break the law and you probably won't find yourself in this type of situation. It's just that simple.

Ed

Two wrongs don't make a right, but it was pretty clear the kid surrendered. I mean he put his hands up and knelt down, what else could he have done? Besides not having pot to hide in the first place.

Deja vu...like the cops in San Bernardino that beat the man after falling off the horse. He gave himself up after running just like this kid and look what happened to both of them. Face down and kicked in the head.

He deserved to get fired. You're the police, you don't attack someone who has surrendered. My goodness, just put the freaking handcuffs on and take'em away.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

How would you feel if you got the same type of "wake up call?"

It wouldn't ever have been a problem for me, whether I was 8 or 80, because I was taught that if a police officer asks me to obey a lawful order I listen and comply with it. There, you see, no problem, no force used by the police because I didn't brazenly disobey a lawful order to stop.

Quote:

This cop will likely face criminal charges and is unlikely to get his job back.

No criminal charges because the officer did nothing
unlawful or illegal with the stop or arrest. The perp RAN after receiving a lawful order to surrender.

Quote:

I never put myself in a position where I would have had to run from the police.

Of course not, because you learned the proper way to behave when lawfully instructed to do something by the
LEOs.

I will say that not knowing the entire series of events I personally would NOT have used that method to push the perp to the floor. But again we don't know what the perp was saying to the officer, or what happened just prior, for all we know the perp threatened the officer, I bet he did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back