CUT OPEN PZ-173 off of 2013 Taurus, unknown miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again folks and here we have a better (least in my eyes) Pennzoil PZ-173 from a 2013' Taurus, unknown miles on vehicle. I did remember to take date code pic and it looks lil' better overall than the other filter me thinks. Enjoy and any questions, ask away.

15cn6oo.jpg
2uxvewy.jpg

jqkpi1.jpg

2ppwlxi.jpg

Brybo86, no thats the pennzoil yellow paint that flaked off as I was cutting the filter, so I apologize ;(

jk_636, From what I have seen and been told, it is a made for PZ by Purolator. Can anyone tell me or give me info as to why this PZ filter looks a lot better than the similar Pro Motive?? Just thinking and wondering out loud

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Looks like a rebadged Purolator. It held up well. Thanks for the cut and post OP.
x 2 and thanks for the C&P.

Is your filter cutting certificate up to date?
grin.gif

Date code = 12/9/2014.

Put on a FRAM TG filter and some PEAK 5W20 I had courtesy of Autozone's blowout on oil a while ago
smile.gif

LOL, thanks for the good ribbing ZeeOSix

Guys, I apologize for the poor I Phone 5C quality of pics, maybe I will try my old digital camera as its a FUJI and I feel takes better pics

Good deal. Definite upgrade in filter there. Looks like to me your certificate is still valid
smile.gif

Glued seam, reminds me of a Quaker State, they don't seem to tear like the Classics or Puro clones with the metal crimp (which leads to wide spacing, flattening, & tearing of their flimsy media). Still wondering why Mann & Hummel can't figure this out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back