(CUT OPEN) Pro Motive #3614, 4,989 miles 07' focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks and good friend stopped over for oil change, as I took a half day, and cut two filters. This is a #3614 Pro Motive, didnt remember to photograph date code
frown.gif
Filter was put on by me in early january, and along with a fill of QSGB 5w30 from my stash. Combo had 4,989 on it. Sorry to see the couple tears but oh well. Installed a jug of PYB 5W20 from my stash along with a Fram Tough Guard #3614 and told him to come back at 6,000 miles. Enjoy the pics and any questions please ask. Thank You

http://tinypic.com/m/iptphl/1http://tinypic.com/a/3hgn6/1

Gregk24, yes Puro Motive says in one pic I took of it, "Pro Motive" and below Motive says "by Purolator". I'll post it if can find it
smile.gif
So, basically 4 tears total as two pleats torn top and bottom
frown.gif
or BLAH says I

Gregk24, this is pro motive from other filter from Nissan Altima, and you can see what I was mentioning in post right above. Sorry if its too blurry.

15y4ra.jpg

What did you put back in its place ? Yeah, it saw its better days. Like when it was in the box. Downhill rapidly after that it seems
smile.gif

LOL! bbhero, yeah, I told him to stick with either a Fram TG, or FRAM ULTRA. I put a TG-3614 from my stash, along with some PYB 5W20
smile.gif

Good call young man !! I am not surprised you raised the game and got it turned in a better way going forward. You rock !

Thank you both, and sir1900, I wont ever be using a "PUROLATOR/Puro wanna be" anytime in the future or indefinetely
as you are correct that it CANNOT handle a 5k oci
frown.gif

Yeah, it was a holy shart! Moment. Not impressed. I think a Driveworks would look better than that garbage

Think I am going to go on a mission and every Puro and made by Puro filter I find; I'll cut open regardless of miles/kilometers and cut open and post here. Purolator needs to fix this stupidity

Pure [censored]. Another example why the classic should be off anyone's list until we see significant improvement in QA.

Pro Motive is pretty common with quick lubes and cheap oil change deals. Not good.

After the FL400S that was posted with torn pleats, I have switched to Wix.

I'll have a L14610 Puro Classic ready for dissection in the next few days after I change the Frontier's oil. I also have an unused L14610 I dissected last week and I'll snap some pictures of that one as well. I'll just need some help posting the photos when the time comes.

Ugly!

Poor Puro, seems that they are the only filter manufacturer being constantly victimized by these obscene 3-5k OCI's!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back