Turbo on a tractor!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CT8
Turbos ore on most high output tractors.

So, what other mods do you think they did? I haven't seen a tractor to be able to drive like that. Unless farmers hide something from us and drive slowly in the fields during the day for anyone to see, but then have fun at night after a bottle or two of good ole moon shine.

That's how they say "Git 'er done" in their language.

I can't believe he was able to keep the greasy side down.

That guy is drifting that in thick mud, freakin crazy. I'd be terrified of it falling over going 1/4 that speed.

Airbags seatbelts, traction control, antilock brakes, stability control, collision avoidance.... have made many folks lame and boring... hahahaha

Short farming season means you have to farm quickly.

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Airbags seatbelts, traction control, antilock brakes, stability control, collision avoidance.... have made many folks lame and boring... hahahaha

Short farming season means you have to farm quickly.

x2 hahahaha true, and funny!

Originally Posted By: davison0976

So, what other mods do you think they did? I haven't seen a tractor to be able to drive like that. Unless farmers hide something from us and drive slowly in the fields during the day for anyone to see, but then have fun at night after a bottle or two of good ole moon shine.

Tractors are limited by the capability of the implement they're pulling or the job they are doing. Most modern tractors are capable of going much faster. For example, when planting corn or beans the top speed is 5-6 MPH because that's the fastest speed the planter can be run. Modern tractors have turbos on them to make power, and turbos have been in use since the early 1960's; Allis Chalmers D19 was the first production tractor to use them if I remember correctly.

This one only had the software modified and is quite quick.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: davison0976

Tractors are limited by the capability of the implement they're pulling or the job they are doing. Most modern tractors are capable of going much faster. For example, when planting corn or beans the top speed is 5-6 MPH because that's the fastest speed the planter can be run. Modern tractors have turbos on them to make power, and turbos have been in use since the early 1960's; Allis Chalmers D19 was the first production tractor to use them if I remember correctly.

This one only had the software modified and is quite quick.

Exactly what pop said.

The suspension is also a speed limiting factor. Even though recent improvement have some capable of going 32mph. Anything over that, you get bounced out of your seat and it's hard to control.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I thought you might like to see some tractors with a bit more than a turbo.

Wow. Lucas sponsored.

I guess non additized mineral oil is very profitable.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: 02SE
I thought you might like to see some tractors with a bit more than a turbo.

Wow. Lucas sponsored.

I guess non additized mineral oil is very profitable.

Indeed it is. It has made former Trucker, Forrest Lucas, a wealthy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back