93 Ranger I don't need but might have to have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Nice presumption. No, I do not live in an apartment, but I am sure many other BITOGers do, and I have lived in one myself, but it did not have room for two trucks. What does that have to do with the topic anyway?

How much are you selling the 2002 Ranger for ?

You got a pretty good deal on that Ranger. It would be much higher priced around here. I've had several over the years and they are a pretty good little truck.

Last edited:
I say you got a decent deal. I sold an 86' Ranger 4x2 4 years ago that had a god awful 2.9L V6 that leaked oil like crazy, had a transmission that was almost completely toast (slipped like crazy) with non working A/C and it ran on 5 cylinders for $1,000. It also sometimes had a problem that it would lose power and acted like the fuel pump was dying (was quite scary in an intersection). Even the guy who bought it asked if it was able to drive at freeway speeds since it was so slow. It got 12 mpg too.

Got rid of the Niteshade today! Did some looking online and it looks like Goof Off and carb cleaner are effective at removing it. I didn't have Goof Off, but I have cases of carb cleaner. I was a little worried about it harming the plastic, but figured with 21 year old lights in 21 year old condition it didn't matter much and was worth a try. I am pleased with the results for sure. There was some tackiness to the lenses immediately after, but that went away as soon as the carb cleaner dried. Not sure if the tacky feeling was the Niteshade melting or the plastic melting, or both. The plastic did fully harden up after the carb cleaner dried off and a quick buff with Mother's VLR had the lights looking pretty decent for their age. I probably would not try carb cleaner on a fairly new/nice car...in this case though, it worked great.

Also, this weekend it got fresh gear oil in both diffs and fresh ATF in the trans and t-case. Also got new shifter bushings. The old fluids were very nasty. Either this week or next I plan to deal with the trans mount, and that will have it pretty well sorted out as far as drivability/maintenance stuff.

The pressure washer at work did a number on the old vinyl decals, so those might come all the way off soon. They were already removed from the passenger bed side when I got it, but the pressure washer took chunks out of the driver's side decal. If I get it repainted, I'll probably just go with the STX lettering that the '95-'97 models have and skip the swoopy early 1990s graphics.

gMswIve.jpg

l9cfyZG.jpg

0Vb1rCh.jpg

8Qlw2w1.jpg

Und2UTp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back