Slick 50 Supercharged Engine Treatment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

Slick 50 supercharged engine treatment & Slick 50 recharged engine treatment.

Is this stuff any good ?

I did what you said,and the results showed many articles dated around 2005. THere is nothing regarding this new product I'm asking about.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Paste this into google:

slick 50 site:bobistheoilguy.com

If your going to buy it I recommend checking O'Reilly's website remember seeing it under clearance additives. I think it was less then $7 then (a few weeks back).

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Oil+Treatment/N0443/C1941.oap?mn=Slick+50&mc=SLK

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
If your going to buy it I recommend checking O'Reilly's website remember seeing it under clearance additives. I think it was less then $7 then (a few weeks back).

Sorry, my bad I had seen it under clearance and it was cheap. I did check my other sites I routinely check and wasn't able to find it there either.

I saw that slick50 is making its way back on to the shelves at my local oreillys. I haven't ever needed to use it, but I have heard some people swear by it. It might be worth a try OP. A lot of people will try and discourage you from using additives, but a lot of them are quite beneficial.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
I saw that slick50 is making its way back on to the shelves at my local oreillys. I haven't ever needed to use it, but I have heard some people swear by it. It might be worth a try OP. A lot of people will try and discourage you from using additives, but a lot of them are quite beneficial.

Testimonials are the worst form of endorsements. You've heard people swear by something. What does that really mean? How about controlled scientific studies? How about manufacturer recommendations? People always seem to think that manufacturers don't want to use it because they don't want their engines lasting as long, but don't seem to consider the opposite, if it made their engines last longer than the competition, wouldn't everyone buy their cars? Hyundai had a horrible reputation at one point so they extended their warranties to 10/100k and that did boost sales.

I like the bland statement that additives are quite beneficial, where are the studies that show that?

Just remember the old saying, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: jk_636

Testimonials are the worst form of endorsements. You've heard people swear by something. What does that really mean? How about controlled scientific studies? How about manufacturer recommendations? People always seem to think that manufacturers don't want to use it because they don't want their engines lasting as long, but don't seem to consider the opposite, if it made their engines last longer than the competition, wouldn't everyone buy their cars? Hyundai had a horrible reputation at one point so they extended their warranties to 10/100k and that did boost sales.

I like the bland statement that additives are quite beneficial, where are the studies that show that?

Just remember the old saying, a fool and his money are soon parted.

I agree.

I don't believe Slick 50 has PTFE anymore.So,really,what makes it so "Slick"? The government didn't think so when they took them to court for false statements.They have been sold off what,2-3 times now?

I'm surprised they marketed a product with the name "Slick 50." Nearly every car guy I talk to is aware of the nonsense the old Slick 50 was.

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
I did what you said,and the results showed many articles dated around 2005. THere is nothing regarding this new product I'm asking about.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Paste this into google:

slick 50 site:bobistheoilguy.com

Who knows what is in this stuff these days.

Back around 2004 SOPUS asked for submittals to replace the Teflon formulation. I submitted an advanced full synthetic formula with super cleaning abilities. They deemed it too expensive. Duh?

My understanding is SOPUS no longer owns the brand name.

Like others have stated, transfer your cash to a better PCMO.

Last edited:
The MSDS shows 95-99% group I base oil and 1-5% alkylated boron. At least it appears to contain something that might actually do something.

That said, simply choosing an oil that contains boron as part of its additive package will give you the same benefit, save you the cost of the additive, won't dilute the add pack of your oil, and wont't introduce an inferior base oil into the mix.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back