WARNING STAY CLEAR OF SEARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are still the 3 grades of 5w30, they haven't sunk THAT far..... Yet..... One viscosity, conventional, blend, syn

I last used Sears in the summer of 1976. Never again.

There was only one mechanic in the shop working on like 20 cars. He would be into a brake job and the manager of the shop would yell at him and tell him to work on another car for a few minutes. Then interrupt that and yell at the guy to go to another car. So the guy could not focus.

He finally said he finished my brakes but forgot to tighten the lines.

I never again will go to a Sears for auto service.

When I was in the auto repair business, I was often forced by the manager to use the wrong stuff in customer's cars. Every time, I would get very angry. Sometimes when I got extra angry, I would say "Is that how you treat your mother's car?" to management to voice my anger.

This is why I am half-glad to be sidelined by medical problems.

Originally Posted By: tojo1968
OMG...
Sears still has service centers?!?!

Haha I remember when JCPenney and Monkey Wards had service centers too :^)

Now I am left wondering if I shouldn't be using 0w-30 in my high mileage Elements in my signature.

Last edited:
wearguard?? 10w30 goes in everything where I work. Ford GM and dodge pickups mostly calling for 5w30 but all the fords recommend 5w20. I half heartedly protested for a while but they're not my trucks and I'm not in charge.
I did convince them to let me purchase some Rotella 15w40 for the few kubota diesels.
In high school I had a buddy that worked at a quick lube place that has since closed, I inquired about all the oil filters they must stock and he explained the vehicles with filters that could not be interchanged they would wipe the filter off and drain and fill.
He later got canned due to a filter falling off and the shop had to pony up a new engine. He claimed the filter was in a wrong box. I've changed my own oil since, except the "free" o/c that came with my new truck. Afterwards, the dealer couldn't give a straight answer on what grade they filled it with. The invoice stated 5w20. When I asked about that grade in a diesel they assured me they used 5w40. The reminder sticker stuck to the windshield stated 15w40. I'll do it myself from now on. Free or not.

Put ATF on Oil cap?
crackmeup2.gif

Still laughing at the fact that sear's cheapest tire in my size was chinese junk at nearly 450 out the door..

While the 5w30 won't hurt anything for the most part, explains how bad sears has got....

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
This sounds like the story of the guy who was getting "TGMO" and then discovered..... it wasn't.

See, when I buy directly from Imperial Oil and do the changes myself, there's virtually no chance of me not getting exactly what I want.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back