Curious on VOA/UOA on CHEVRON DELO 400 LE 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only have 2800 miles on the oil and running out until 5k, it will probably take me 3 months to put 2200 miles, so just curious if any VOA/UOA's out there for this oil.

Thank you,

There was a virgin oil analysis for delo 5w40 synthetic probably similar add package. If recall they used more magnesium than calcium with small amount of boron and moly. TBN was around 11 remembered it was posted maybe a year ago on here.

No he's referring to Delo 5W30 , its a CJ-4 oil also has ACEA E6 ; specification for Euro diesel engines. This oil will meet minimum HT/HS 3.5 with Phosphorus around 8-900 ppm and TBN starting at 8 mg KOH/g .

The reason the TBN is not 12+ ; 15ppm ULSD doesn't break down the oil as much, doesn't need as much detergent. Which is a good thing for lubrication.

Judging from other Delo diesel oils I'm hoping the 5W30 includes moly and boron which most 'low SAPS' oils don't have.

I'm looking to use this oil myself.

Originally Posted By: Fraser434
No he's referring to Delo 5W30 , its a CJ-4 oil also has ACEA E6 ; specification for Euro diesel engines. This oil will meet minimum HT/HS 3.5 with Phosphorus around 8-900 ppm and TBN starting at 8 mg KOH/g .

The reason the TBN is not 12+ ; 15ppm ULSD doesn't break down the oil as much, doesn't need as much detergent. Which is a good thing for lubrication.

Judging from other Delo diesel oils I'm hoping the 5W30 includes moly and boron which most 'low SAPS' oils don't have.

I'm looking to use this oil myself.

I am inclined to agree from the pds I have seen on it. I would go out on a limb here and say that is it very similar to Havoline Pro DS synthetic but with the higher HTHS. This would be a perfect oil for any gasoline or diesel engine, especially a gasoline engine that are known to shear regular SN oils. On the other hand, I do not recall Havoline synthetic using much Boron, not sure about the euro versions.

Last edited:
It's going to be lower in most additive levels than the Delo 5w40. Per the PDS the phosphorus level will be around 700ppm and the zinc around 820ppm. It honestly looks more like a Euro diesel oil than an American one... but that's not necessarily a bad thing as Euro diesel specs are pretty tough to meet. I'd assume they're using a quality base oil as well in order to get away with those lower additive levels while still meeting the slew of both API and Euro specs it meets.

I'd use it with confidence. My #1 curiosity is how it will hold up to shearing since that's the biggest oiling issue with the 6.0L. If it can keep its viscosity as well as most of the other 30-weights seem to, then it may be the best 6.0L option yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back