Oil for Kubota G2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys recommend for a gas liquid cooled Kubota G2000 (20 horse) garden tractor?

We have a G1800 diesel and the oil weight is right on the cap.. whereas this one doesn't. I am going to service this for a friend so I'd feel best if I used what the engine called for.

I am thinking a 15w40, but I do know some spec a 30 weight too. It will just see mowing duties in the summer.

Call a dealer? If it's gas and not used to carry heavy loads, I'd assume a 5w30 would work perfectly

Are you sure it will NEVER be started in the winter? Some people use them to plow snow.

If it might be ran in the winter, you want the first number to be either a 5W or a 0W with 0W being the best for winter use.

15w-40 Rotella/Delvac/Delo for summer use
5w-40 Rotella/Delvac/Delo for all-season use

...is what I would use.

10w-30 or 5w-30 would be fine too.

Change oil and filter every 100 hours.

This thing does take a 10w30. The owner dropped off the tractor and an OM today. I am just going to use some Pennzoil HM 10w30 since I have it on hand.

Last edited:
Fun fact:

The WIX book at work for the Kubota led me to the 51358 ( And apparently Kubota is very stingy about giving out their filter information. Its all about $$$ obviously) The tractor has a much larger filter on it so I ran a cross reference on the number. Its equivalent is the WIX 51334 (Fram 9688). I personally prefer a larger filter on OPE so Ill go with the 51334.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back