Anyone Use 5w30 Super Tech ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone use 5w30 Super Tech (wal Mart) I went to a sale of a repair shop that was closing and i got 12 5 quart jugs for about $7.00 each they are all sn.. How good is this oil?

I also got 2 old grease guns and a large bucket full of old sockets mostly snap on and craftsman for $50.00 which included 2 breaker bars.

I've read that SuperTech synthetic is more than OK for most things. Not sure if you're talking about it or conventional though.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Excellent deal! It's just as good as any name brand API SN, maybe even better than a few

Which name brands Super Tech is better ?

Hey thanks for all your help guys.. I should have said it was syn sn Super tech (red Jug) because the way i wrote it confused a few of you..But it is not wpp it is made by another company looks totally different, it seems nobody that responded except neil, dave, and 901 wanted to give their opinions anyway. Nick the salesman made me laugh.. Thanks nick HaHa...

Yeah, I bought a 5-qt jug of 5-30 conventional to use as top-off oil for my GTX HM and PP fills as well as lawnmower and snow blower primary fills. I figure approximately 3 top-offs over 3 OCI (totaling ~20% ST Conv. in the sump with 80% GTX HM or PP) and one OCI each on the lawnmower and snow blower is $12 well spent. Your 12 jugs would last me 6-10 years as top-off oil.

As I understand it, ST oil in the US is made by either WPP or Shell depending on where you are. Either way, it's a very good oil and you got an excellent deal on it.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Excellent deal! It's just as good as any name brand API SN, maybe even better than a few

Which name brands Super Tech is better ?

Castrol GTX

Yes I have used it in the past and it performed fine.

I do not use it any longer because I have a stash of other oils bought at good prices.

But at $7 for a 5 quart jug, I would buy and use with confidence. If you don't want it I will give you $7.5 for each jug and you will have a tidy and quick profit. Think it over please.

That was a great buy you got.

crazyoildude, you got the ST HM oil, not the ST SYN as ST SYN is in silver jug
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back