Ok I am drop entire line of puro product include

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Your response is nothing more than your typical misinformation and deflection I have grown accustomed from you and your posts. Oil filters have a purpose, they're just not as important as you make them out to be and want them to be.

And just how important have I made them out to be? I'm here in the same boat as dozens if not hundreds of other members here who like to use filters on the higher end of the efficiency scale. You get all bent out of shape when someone says they think an oil filter is a bit lacking if it's only doing 50% @ 20 microns. I think that's a reasonable opionion.

BTW, my inputs here are opinions, just like everyone one else here ... so if you don't like it then move on and go try to bother somebody else. You really are here just to bother people, and I'm sure many of the member here and probably a few of the moderators here can clearly see that. Anyone who sees your posts here and in the other forums all have the same flavor of a rude, belligerent troll that is looking for any kind of friction he can create in the forums.

I've provided examples of equipment that have no oil filters. I'll do so again: augers, trash pumps, water pumps, plate compactors, generators, chop saws, chain saws, just to name a few. All run in deplorable conditions by guys that don't care about their life span, use the cheapest oils, and the wrong pre-mixes in cases of the two strokes. No oil filters. They do have fuel filters and air filters. Most air filters have foam pre-filters. That's because the manufacturers know what's important.

Today I began to service a cold planer. 700 HP C-18 CAT. FOUR air filters the size of trash cans, TWO fuel filters, and buried deep TWO oil filters. The engine alone costs more than you will make in your lifetime. The boss don't care about what or how many filters, just how much does it cost? If it has oil filters, they get replaced with a WIX before the start of the season. If it doesn't have oil filters, he's happy it doesn't cost him money to replace. He's smart enough to know you don't block them off either so spare me your deflection.

You really are pretty full of yourself. LoL

I never said oil filters don't serve a purpose. Oil filters don't deserve the attention you give them. I tried to nip that in the bud with my previous post but your reading comprehension is lacking.

Dude, this is an oil filter forum ... so yes, oil filters are what the focus is and what's getting attention here. The only thing you're gonna "nip in the bud" is your membership here.
grin.gif

You can + 1 million and high-five each other until your hands fall off. It doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. I'm also not in the "auto repair business" so your quotes are as wrong as you understanding of the function of filters.

Out of all the filters on an ICE, the oil filter is the least important.

And just what makes you think you know what you are talking about? All your self absorption and trying to tell everyone here they are all wrong about everything under the sun (in every forum you post in) really doesn't impress me or anyone else here.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
That comment was in poor taste. He was either trying to be funny or demeaning. I hope it wasn't the latter.

Oh it was clearly the latter. OCs' MO is always "demeaning". Hope his bags are packed. LoL

...so your quotes are as wrong as you understanding of the function of filters...

Your right...oil filters are an elusive bunch. Quite difficult to understand thoroughly...
whistle.gif

Yeah, if you didn't go to oil filter design and anaylsis school for 4 years it's just beyond all comprehension. One good think though it that you do get an "oil filter cutting certificate" as part of the 4 year program.
laugh.gif

Quick update : After reading some though and some owner, I do still using puro line. all ford dealer still using motorcraft oil filter. if it was a real problem, they would make a change by now.

same with bunch of other oil change place still using puro filter line. If it be a problem, they would change by now too.

thanks guys. There is no better filter ( same with oil ), they all must meet standart requirement , this better, must use this, use that, its all in your head that all. you is only person that make you happy.

stick with well know brand and it be arite. There is better thing in life to worried about rather then a just a dang filter lol.

TBH Last couple day here it almost made my old habit coming back ( over worried, OCD...., must use this , must use that, this is better ), I just sit back now and realise what the heck I am doing, I dont like that habit, I have that habbit back when I dont have money and alway worried if thing break, i dont have money to fix that. But now I have money
laugh.gif
, I have ton actually, if thing broke, I buy new one , if my engine blow, I pay some one to build a better stronger engine. there is other better more value to worried in real life. I drive new vehicle so is my wife, we dont worried about a dang thing any more, let the warranty and dealer do that. We just enjoy life.

see ya later.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug

thanks guys. There is no better filter ( same with oil ), they all must meet standart requirement , this better, must use this, use that, its all in your head that all. you is only person that make you happy.

Yeah, torn media meets OEM specs.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

grin.gif

Stop it! He remains true to the Purolator way!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

grin.gif

Stop it! He remains true to the Purolator way!
wink.gif

You mean a bad case of denial and blindness? LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back