Motomaster Formula1 Conventional Oil Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Hyundai Accent with a 3,750 mile/6,000 km OCI. This 5W-20 oil is Canadian Tires house brand conventional made by Shell with some type of synthetic additive they call "Wearguard" as illustrated on the jug. Thought I would share my results for Canadians and others to put their 2 cents worth on this oil or even car...have at it!

n341op.jpg

Forgot to also mention the car was at 11,200 mile/18,000 km when the oil was changed, Hyundai OEM oil and engine air filter. Oil was also from winter season.

I have used this formula 1 and Canadian Tire's Supreme conventional oil. Looking at the two UOAs, they have very similar additives. I used the Supreme for 8,000 miles. I think you could have taken this oil to 8,000 as well.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
I have used this formula 1 and Canadian Tire's Supreme conventional oil. Looking at the two UOAs, they have very similar additives. I used the Supreme for 8,000 miles. I think you could have taken this oil to 8,000 as well.

Yes I could but just playing safe with Hyundai warranty which is every 6,000 km's. Have you posted the MM Supreme oil report?

Last edited:
i think Hyundai says 6 months or 3750 miles for severe service whichever comes first or .... Correct me if im wrong. Or 1 year 7500 miles whichever comes first.

Correct. 3,750 miles is considered severe duty which living in Canada they automatically classify your vehicle as that. Considering that the 5L jug was bought for about $14 and I get about 1 and half oil changes out of it...I would say I got my money's worth and have no problems dumping the oil early.

Very nice report.Nothing wrong with canadian tire house brands and right now my wifes car has the supreme and my truck has formula 1..all made and packaged by shell.

This is a report using Canadian Tire Supreme. The additive pack appears to be very similar. TBN was low and viscosity dropped a little. The Formula 1 is supposed to have some "synthetic additive". Perhaps it's a synthetic blend.

Another nice report.If they have a sale on supreme or formula 1 again when due for the oil change i wont blink a eye to grab some more..shell has some great UOA .

The Formula 1 is supposed to have some "synthetic additive". Perhaps it's a synthetic blend.

Nah, I asked that question on the CT website and the response was it's not a synblend.

Originally Posted By: Indy
Very nice report.Nothing wrong with canadian tire house brands and right now my wifes car has the supreme and my truck has formula 1..all made and packaged by shell.

I was pleasantly surprised by the report and too bad that I stocked up so much from Walmart's specials that it'll be awhile the next time I get to use this oil again. Anyhow, if anyone who is a little hesitant on the CT's house brand oils hopefully this report will change their minds.

Originally Posted By: Oily_hair
The Formula 1 is supposed to have some "synthetic additive". Perhaps it's a synthetic blend.

Nah, I asked that question on the CT website and the response was it's not a synblend.

You will notice the 'Formuala 1' oil has higher Boron.

That will come from 'Borate Esters', which, being an Ester, would count as a synthetic additive.

Nice to see an F1 report. I have used their gold bottle synthetic a few times, and the Supreme conventional on my old cars back in the day. Never had an issue, didn't worry me to use it either mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back