10 Worst Used Vehicles !

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Car Dealer’s Scientific Guide to the 10 Worst Used Vehicles.

I have been studying this question in one form or another for nearly 16 years now. As an auto auctioneer, a remarketing manager and a part-owner of a wholesale auto auction, I’ve seen thousands of cars come and go through the auction block during the course of each year.

Two years and over 660,000 vehicles later ... As far as those cars with the highest defect level at trade-in time, here are the 10 worst:

10. Mazda RX-8
9. Mazda 626
8. Lincoln LS
7. Suzuki Forenza
6. Land Rover Discovery
5. Cadillac Catera
4. Mini Cooper
3. Mazda CX-7
2. Land Rover Freelander
1. Mazda Millenia

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/a-car-dealers-scientific-guide-to-the-10-worst-116647051962.html

Hmmmmm what's funny is there were 0 US made vehicles on the 10 most reliable (someone shared the link a while back) but yet 0 US cars on the 10 worst used. I guess that's good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Throt
Hmmmmm what's funny is there were 0 US made vehicles on the 10 most reliable (someone shared the link a while back) but yet 0 US cars on the 10 worst used. I guess that's good.

It just proves what many have known for a long time - US cars are extremely mediocre!

The Lincoln LS was build in Michigan.

List includes a lot of cars that have been out of production for a long time. How old is the article?

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
Who made the Catera?

Or the Lincoln.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
Who made the Catera?

a fine group of knobs.

Lincoln and Cadillac aren't U.S. automakers?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Lincoln and Cadillac aren't U.S. automakers?
It's amazing how many comments come from people who don't read more than the headline.

Please read the article. It is very very interesting. It actually tells you why those cars are not listed.
Quote:
Also, if the vehicle appeared to have reliability issues, but didn’t have enough of a sample size at this point (for example: Mercury Mystique, Isuzu Axiom, Suzuki Verona), I have kept it off the list for right now.

That's a very cool site, would be interesting to see how data changes over say 10 to 15 more years, for newer vehicles, a lot of info though. I think overall quality has increased for most makes after "crash" in '07-'08.

11.Any VW built in the previous decade.

12. F-250/350 w/ 6.0.

13. Most Chrysler models.

*flame suit on*

Originally Posted By: maximus
11.Any VW built in the previous decade.

12. F-250/350 w/ 6.0.

13. Most Chrysler models.

*flame suit on*

I don't know about the trucks but I know I'd never buy a VW or a Chrysler product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back