My bike and my daily driver take the same filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used the Bosch 3300 on my Nissan Rogue and I've found that my FZ1 that I picked up last year can use the same filter.

On the FZ1 forum, some guys are using the longer filter, either the PL14610 or the Bosch 3323. I can actually buy the Bosch 3323 on Amazon.ca cheaper than the Bosch 3300.

Should I try the longer Bosch 3323 on my Rogue?

Short filter on the bike. Long or short on the car. That's what I would do. I don't think it would make a difference in keeping oil cleaner

The Nissan dealer here just puts the long filter on because it is much cheaper, then they charge the customer for the short filter.

It sticks out almost into the wheel well on the right side, hence the short filter, to try and prevent sticks or rocks from damaging it.

Thanks for the responses! On closer inspection, the amazon seller for the longer Bosch filter is charging shipping, whilst the seller for the shorter filter has free shipping.

Crisis averted!

Picked up 4 Bosch 3300 for my '08 Kawasaki Nomad at my local Walmart for $2.50 a piece a couple weeks ago. It appears to be a popular fit for many motorcycles.

Originally Posted By: Minou
Picked up 4 Bosch 3300 for my '08 Kawasaki Nomad at my local Walmart for $2.50 a piece a couple weeks ago. It appears to be a popular fit for many motorcycles.

Yes. I've been to a few Walmart stores trying to find leftover Bosch filters, but no luck.

I wish Walmart would have kept their contract with Bosch instead of switching back to the Orange Can of Death...

That is convenient.

That being said I wouldn't put a purolator product on my bike. At least not until I see a significant improvement in their QA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back