Noise/glitch/minimal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking for some "ambient" music to soothe the soul. I have just found that someone not only knows what I'm looking for, but has made several albums of it. In this case, Alva Noto. I have pretty bad tinnitus, and I don't like silence as a result. I have often listened to music while doing other tasks, and it can be very helpful. Lately, though, I've been looking for something to listen to that doesn't require very much commitment from me, i.e., not jazz, but will occupy the auditory part of my brain. Sometimes, when doing tedious paperwork and data entry tasks, I've put on white (or other colors) noise, or rainfall or ocean sounds. That worked pretty well, but the album "Xerrox Vol. 3" by Alva Noto is really what I've been looking for.

Here are a couple of selections:

While I'm a fan of Static-X, 5FDP, and so on, sometimes I need a break.

So what's the matter with some light classical music? Or maybe some Beethoven, Brahms, or Bach (or maybe some music from guys whose names don't start with "B")? Your selections would drive me nuts...but if they work for you, go for it!

Nothing at all wrong with classical music. I tend to go for baroque
smile.gif
but I also like Aaron Copland. The Alva Noto stuff appeals to me on a somewhat different level.

Originally Posted By: Touring5
Ever listened to Constance Demby? Good music to fall asleep or just relax to.

Thanks for that. I took a listen. Nice, but not really my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back