Stevie Ray Vaughn lyrics:

Well there's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Well there's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
And I've been tryin' to call my baby
Lord and I can't get a single sound
'

Well, its the current reality in my corner of the state. 7+ inches today, and still raining heavy at 2AM. Forecast calls for 3 more days of rain. Total of 20 inches or so in the past 3 weeks. Roads underwater, water approaching homes.

We need a break.

not too much rain in central Texas.

We could still use a ton of it over the lakes to refill our drinking supply.

Ironically, areas directly around me are out of "drought" conditions, but the lake is still half empty.

We are still on restrictions, and I am doing what I can to conserve.

Businesses leaving California for Texas.
People leaving California for Texas.
Now water is leaving California for Texas.

The power of taxation........

^Yeah, I wish they'd go back to California! The idiots who run this state won't be happy until we have L.A. style gridlock, real water shortages, and a crumbling infrastructure due to those same low taxes.

Your Governor in Texas has been asking Californians to move there and California's Governor has been chasing out any business that is so greedy that they are making a profit by hiring people and exploiting them with jobs and paychecks. It appears to be a win for both sides.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Your Governor in Texas has been asking Californians to move there and California's Governor has been chasing out any business that is so greedy that they are making a profit by hiring people and exploiting them with jobs and paychecks. It appears to be a win for both sides.

If by "win" you mean the already unsustainable growth has become more extreme, then yes, we're winning. Sooner or later it will cost a lot more to live here. Low taxes, but high fees for everything, including all the new toll roads where you get to sit in the same stop and go traffic as on the free roads.

But, yes, I do see the current appeal of Texas compared to other places. People have a way of screwing these things up, though, by getting greedy.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Rain coming down in buckets Friday night... This is getting serious.

Can we have a few buckets ? Please !

In rained heavy where I am in Colorado also. And there was a lot of snow in the mountains and in northern Colorado.

It rained all night last night. And it rained this morning.

I live a little north of Austin.

Many people at my office are from all over California.

All the new restaurants going up are chains that started in California.

Austin just passed its first hands free cellphone law, similar to California.

People in my neighborhood are selling their properties in California, and buying ones out here in Texas for CASH.

Its an interesting time to be down here. I drove down a street near my work in a suburb of Austin, and counted 7 construction projects going on at once for Condos, Medical Offices, Restaurants, you name it.

On one street!

The Californians are already here.

I am from New York, and there are a ton of "Yankees" down here as well.

I've never seen standing water in my yard like I have this spring. The ground is saturated - and some of my idiot neighbors are still leaving their sprinkler systems to run twice a week. Should be criminal penalties attached to that level of stupidity.

Stupidity is not a criminal offense. As long as they do not water outside the schedule they are in compliance. Laziness hasn't been criminalized, either. I'm afraid most of us would be in jail if it were.

I wish some of that fell up here West of IH-35. I just recevied 0.43" over the past 24 hrs. Down your way, there's plenty of rain. Up my way and NW of here, we need LOTS more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back