When your tire picks you! (what choice? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know after all the talk about tires, the research you do, plans you make....

Then you hit a pothole and take out TWO of yours tires? Yeah, that kinda day....

On the way home picking up my son from school, I happened to nail a pretty good size pothole (behind a truck-never saw it) with a surprise inside...metal scraps! I ended nearly pulling a nascar type slide as the right rear blew out...Replaced with spare..looked around, and headed home. As I almost got home...could feel another tire starting to go down...so I dropped off the little guy, and limped it to the local tire shop. (indy) Turns out, I have a tear in the other rear tire, not even worth fixing.

So with two tires down, It simply made sense for a set of four. And the had two tires in stock: Federal and the Cooper CS5. So you can pretty much guess which tire I got and will review for you guys...
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: user52165
What profile are your tires and what car?

195/60/15

Cobalt

Cooper CS5

For Michigan I'd totally go for Continental TrueContact tires.

I have them in Montreal and I love them.

I save 1L/100KM all day every day with them, they are LRR but seem to have long tread life and good wet traction.

I highly recommend these tires.

Well that's settled for you. Seems like a good tire choice. I might have cheated and gone for a 185/65R15 version to get a fraction more sidewall. I run the 185/65 for winters and have just put the 195/60 back on and can feel a bit more of the road, plus they look a little smaller in the wheel well.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
...So with two tires down, It simply made sense for a set of four. And the had two tires in stock: Federal and the Cooper CS5. So you can pretty much guess which tire I got and will review for you guys...
cool.gif

You got a great tire with the CS5. Looking forward to your review on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back