Favorite AIO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious what some of your favorite AIO waxes are? I typically use a small RO polisher (cheapy, nothing fancy like a DA) and have had surprisingly good results from Megs M06, though the wax protection is measured in days... Picked up a bottle of Griots AIO sealant last year and will probably use either that or just go with a sealant and be done.

Has anybody used griots? How aggresive is the polishing? How well does it offer wax/sealant protection?

Griots works nice with a DA and a white pad. It is pretty mild but will take out all but heavy defects and seems to diminish the medium ones. Finishes nice and intuitively. I have used it by hand and it also polishes and breaks down by hand but really only gives clarity and gloss by hand. Maybe removes some haze or fine spiderwebbing by hand. The sealant protection is superb. 4-6 months. It's weird, you have to keep it well shaken as it separates in the bottle quickly. But overall it's easy to use, can remove light swirls and leaves long lasting protection.

HD Speed - fast, easy, light cut, but no durability (several weeks tops). I usually top it with Optimum Car Wax.

Menzerna 3in1 - heavier cut, difficult to remove (very oily/sticky), durability seems decent.

So pick your poison. I think I have some Meguiars D151 around here - I don't particularly care for it. If someone wants it, it's theirs for the cost of shipping.
lol.gif

Last edited:
DG 501, with DG 101 a closed second. I've also used Poorboys Polish with Carnuba Blue. It was very easy to used, smelled great, looked great, but sure doesn't last as long as Duragloss.

Duragloss 105 has been good to me. Very mild but it lasted 9 months on my moms red Blazer last year. Cannot argue with that.

Duragloss #105 hands down. Of the many I've tried over the years this is at the top of the heap.

I just used Griots One Step Sealant with a RO and white pad last weekend and I would agree with Vossmans comments. It really improved the gloss and removed or hid most of the paint swirls. After watching a few "how to" videos on YouTube, I learned to spend more times with the RO on an area, making several passes side to side and up and down, working in the polish so it could do its job. If it holds up for 4-5 months I will be very pleased. If you have medium or heavy swirls you will need to start with something more aggressive.

Last edited:
I just used Zaino AIO on my 2007 Tahoe after a car wash. Followed with glaze/polish/glaze. Wow, it never looked so good.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
I just used Zaino AIO on my 2007 Tahoe after a car wash. Followed with glaze/polish/glaze. Wow, it never looked so good.

Oh boy, haven't heard that in a while! Unfortunately, the Zaino system is pretty much 180 degrees from the approach I am able to take this year.

Still using Klasse AIO. I am going to try it on a white or green pad with my porter cable this year. I really like the fact that if you do a thorough wash before hand, you don't need to clay.

What happened with Zaino? A few years ago it seemed like everyone on here swore by Zaino. Now it rarely gets mentioned. I still love the Zaino AIO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back