Cordless drill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not say loose, but it does slide freely back and forth and kind of clicks into position.
A finger tip thing.

Originally Posted By: dgunay
Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Remember, the Ridgid cordless tools have a "lifetime service agreement," not a lifetime warranty.

There are hoops you have to jump through, including registering the tools when you buy them. Don't forget to do that or you only get the three year warranty.

No, it's full lifetime warranty but you have to register the tools.

Check this

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/full-lifetime-warranty

Nope, you're mistaken about the warranty. The cordless tools only have a "lifetime service agreement."

The lifetime warranty you're linking to is not for cordless power tools, it's for other items.

You should read the link you provided in your first post:
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/18v-x4-tradesman-drill/989087
Quote:
Lifetime Service Agreement. For complete details of this warranty, please see www.RIDGID.com

Again, the cordless tools fall under Ridgid's "lifetime service agreement."

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/three-year-limited-lsa
Quote:
The following applies to all RIDGID Brand Handheld Power Tools, Stationary Power Tools and Pneumatic Tools purchased between Feb. 1 2004 – Present, from an authorized retailer.

Okay, i changed my mind because Dewalt brushless kit is on "spring black friday" sale, and it comes with free Dewalt bare tool.

I picked up the most expensive (free) bare tool and returned it immediately. Got $130 refund for that.

At the end of the day, i purchased Dewalt MAX XR Brushless hammerdrill / impact driver kit for $208 CDN - $170 USD. I think it's a hot deal.

4vjxpz.jpg

xnavbt.png

This is what i picked up as a free bare tool (i don't know what it is LOL). Even they say the value of the tool is $179, only $130 is refundable.

DCS355D1_1_500X500.jpg

Originally Posted By: dgunay
Okay, i changed my mind because Dewalt brushless kit is on "spring black friday" sale, and it comes with free Dewalt bare tool.

I picked up the most expensive (free) bare tool and returned it immediately. Got $130 refund for that.

At the end of the day, i purchased Dewalt MAX XR Brushless hammerdrill / impact driver kit for $208 CDN - $170 USD. I think it's a hot deal.

4vjxpz.jpg

xnavbt.png

This is what i picked up as a free bare tool (i don't know what it is LOL). Even they say the value of the tool is $179, only $130 is refundable.

DCS355D1_1_500X500.jpg

Good deal, but still not a Milwaukee M18 Fuel.

Hey thanks. I know Milwaukee M18 Fuel is better but it is $499 (hammerdrill / impact set). It's almost 2.5x more than what i paid for the Dewalt.

Over the last 20 years I have been through (4) Makita electric drill/screwdrivers and now I am only using (2) Dewalt drill/screwdrivers.

I now have the 18V and the 20V.

I like the 20V battery better, but the rubberized chuck housing on the 18V.

I have air tools and power cord tools, but the battery powered tools get the most use.

Originally Posted By: ClarkMagnuson
Over the last 20 years I have been through (4) Makita electric drill/screwdrivers and now I am only using (2) Dewalt drill/screwdrivers.

I now have the 18V and the 20V.

I like the 20V battery better, but the rubberized chuck housing on the 18V.

I have air tools and power cord tools, but the battery powered tools get the most use.

How do you like dewalt drill/drive?

Honestly, i don't like the hammerdrill. I tried to drill the stripped brake rotor screw, but even brushed Bosch (DdB181) performed better than brushless Dewalt (DCD795). I know that DCD795 is a light-duty brushless hammerdrill, but Bosch DdB181 is also an entry-level brushed drill and i was expecting better overall performance than the Bosch.

The impact driver is not bad at all (DCF886), it is light-weight and it is able to remove lug nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back