Oil for Nissan Qashqai

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, what does it call for in the manual? There are plenty of knowledgeable posters here from the UK, but it would help to know what is called for and what your driving habits are like.

Originally Posted By: Grace_Jones
I would do only the manual has gone missing. It's probably being eaten by a horse as we speak!

As Chrisri said, you need a fully synthetic, 5W30 grade oil meeting the following specifications & approvals:

ACEA C4
Renault RN0720

A google search of RN0720 should give you some actual options that are locally available to you.

I would do only the manual has gone missing. It's probably being eaten by a horse as we speak!

That's a winning quote.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Interesting. In the US, we blame it on a dog.

haha, yes we have those too. I only mention the horses as we use the qashqai to take them to shows and they have a habit of chewing things!

As you're in the UK, you may wish to check out opieoils.co.uk to order online. I'm sure you can get your average Mobil 1 or Castrol at Halfords, but there's a greater variety online - possibly slightly cheaper too.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Rogue in the US.

Manual eatin by horse? :):)

Not quite. We had one as a rental a few years back in Germany and it's different and better than a rogue. The Qashqai in the USA would be a good thing, but Nissan seems to want to push real cheap junk here.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Interesting. In the US, we blame it on a dog.

haha, yes we have those too. I only mention the horses as we use the qashqai to take them to shows and they have a habit of chewing things!

What, you pull a horse trailer with a 1.6 litre diesel!

Didn't they tell you you need at least a 6 litre engine e for that.

Actually, I rented a Qashqai in Denmark a couple of years ago.
A very impressive vehicle, too bad we can't buy one here.

I pulled a "car trailer" for years with 1,9 turbodiesel 100hp... going uphill was sometimes very slow, especially when I was pulling my old Peugeot J7 fully loaded on the trailer (more than 2T, the car is supposed to cope with 1T3 max). Got a fine for that once, never tried it again.
Anyway I'd like to replace my car, and was considering the new Quashqai, especially since the old 1,5 DCi is gone.

Regarding oil, you can sometimes have nice surprises in buying oil in bulk directly to the seller (I said sometimes!). For example the nearest Renault here is selling some C4 5w30 Igol oil for a decent price.

Thanks Falcon_LS. I told him about opieoils but I think he trusts amazon more. He says he wants to use the 'proper' nissan oil to keep the car guarantee in order.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GENUINE-NISSAN-5W30-Engine-KE900-90033/dp/B00SP2A7K8

I agree with you, and im sure that opieoils is good (can't teach an old dog new tricks unfortunately)

The oil you use will not be an issue if you don't service the vehicle at a Vat Registered Garage under Block Exemption Rules or at a Nissan Dealer, or indeed Renault Dealer.

Renault RN0720 or C4 5w30 such as Shell AR L

Service interval is 18k miles or 1yr as is common on Nissan diesels.

You can get a decent price on oil from EuroCarParts and they often have discounts codes, always buy online for either collection or delivery. Sometimes if you select some items by putting them in your basket but then end the sale after putting in your details they email you a discount code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back