Armor All protectant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Armor All the best option to use on my dash and inside plastic like doors etc? Or is there a better option?

I've used Armor All in the past but am not a fan of the residue it leaves behind. I like Meg's Interior Detailer better, but am still trying to find a product to genuinely clean interior surfaces rather than just "polish" them up.

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko
I personally think 303 Protectant is light years better than Armor All. I've never had a problem with vinyl, leather, etc., cracking using this product.

http://www.amazon.com/303-Products-30350-Aerospace-Protectant/dp/B000XBCURW

It's my product of choice when it comes to vinyl, leather, tires, etc.

Ed

I have heard great things about 303, so I clicked on the link then saw it was $23! I'll keep using my Meguiars Natural Shine that I pick up at Walmart for under $5.

I only use Armor All(dash/tire protectant) as a term, not a product, when speaking to others when talking about protectant. Sort of like mentioning Kleenex(tissues) or Band-Aid(bandages) when talking about a product.

Although, I have used other Armor All products such as paint protection/details/wax etc. I usually buy'em on closeout.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
I have heard great things about 303, so I clicked on the link then saw it was $23!

Well, the standard 16 oz bottle is $13.
smile.gif

Ever since manufacturers did away with the old style of padded vinyl dashboards I stopped using any kind of protectant. When I parked outside I had UV blocking window tint and a windshield screen to keep the sun from fading anything. I don't miss any of that stuff.

ive used Armor all on my dash and interior plastic surfaces forever,(im 39) and now use ARMOR ALL Leather two in one protectant care on all my cars/trucks seats. Im a fairly picky guy and I do like the "Shine" left by Armor all. Ive been told by guys that do car shows etc that there are better products and I don't doubt them.. but for daily drivers than I just like to keep clean, I will continue to use Armor all.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Any vinyl cleaner/conditioner that does not shine the dash but keeps it matte, is OK with me.

Same here. I hate seeing interiors that shine like dog's balls.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Any vinyl cleaner/conditioner that does not shine the dash but keeps it matte, is OK with me.

lmao.. we may need clarification on this.. dogs balls shine ?

I personally think 303 Protectant is light years better than Armor All. I've never had a problem with vinyl, leather, etc., cracking using this product.

Ed

I have heard great things about 303, so I clicked on the link then saw it was $23! I'll keep using my Meguiars Natural Shine that I pick up at Walmart for under $5.

Keep in mind I'm not trying to "sell" anybody anything, but I will tell you this; IF you're concerned about truly preserving whatever it is you're protecting - I can personally vouch for 303.

Our spa has sat in the hot Sacramento, California sun for the last 7 years and I regularly treat it with 303 and it doesn't have a single crack, split, etc., in the vinyl.

I've heard other people on different newsgroups say, "Meh...it's O.K. but there are better products at protecting surfaces, blah, blah, blah..." I've challenged them to tell me what those products were and I heard...nothing but crickets.

Yeah, it's more expensive but are you trying to preserve what you're treating?...or just make it look shiny?

Ed

Ed

Keep in mind I'm not trying to "sell" anybody anything, but I will tell you this; IF you're concerned about truly preserving whatever it is you're protecting - I can personally vouch for 303.

Our spa has sat in the hot Sacramento, California sun for the last 7 years and I regularly treat it with 303 and it doesn't have a single crack, split, etc., in the vinyl.

I've heard other people on different newsgroups say, "Meh...it's O.K. but there are better products at protecting surfaces, blah, blah, blah..." I've challenged them to tell me what those products were and I heard...nothing but crickets.

Yeah, it's more expensive but are you trying to preserve what you're treating?...or just make it look shiny?

Ed

I think it depends on your particular situation, im not keeping any car for more than 6-8 years and my stuff is garage kept.. for those that park outside in the West, something better than Armor all may be needed. And say a hot tub cover that sits in the Sun ? sure, clearly.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1

lmao.. we may need clarification on this.. dogs balls shine ?

Last edited:
Don't put the stuff anywhere near the tread area of a motorcycle tire, and that includes the sidewall if you run high lean angles.

I sprayed 303 Protectant on all of the rubber bushings on my 2003 Honda CRV with 175,000 miles a few months ago. So far so good. The rubber bushings have no cracks and I'm trying to keep them that way. I'll try to remember to post an update in a few years.

Originally Posted By: Kool1
I sprayed 303 Protectant on all of the rubber bushings on my 2003 Honda CRV

Just my opinion, but while the 303 is nice on the interior, I would not use it on car exterior parts as it's a major dust magnet. I guess it's fine for bushings though...

I like what meg's used to call "ultimate protectant" I think it is now..."ultimate black" maybe? And I get the "lotion" rather than the spray.

For surface that I do not touch (such as the dash or pillars) it has lasted for years (at least 2) in the South Carolina sun. It does not stay at full power on the armrest, for example, although even the armrest did not go back to its uncoated appearance in 2 years.

Having said that, I think any of the modern products will do what you want and Armour all is widely available and has been improved many times over the years.

thumbsup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back