Rant.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My front DS fender got wiped out on my Vue last month while parked on the street. Not worth turning in to insurance, so I bought a new plastic fender online and some "matched" spray paint for a ghetto DIY. Less than $150 and it looks like it, but thanks to whatever a-hole didn't want to leave a note.

I would definitely install a front and rear dash cam if I owned a newer vehicle. Wouldn't have caught a hit and run while parked, though.

We tolerate and accept this when we stand up and take control things will change. Until then the voters are stupid[not my words]

Originally Posted By: surfstar
My front DS fender got wiped out on my Vue last month while parked on the street. Not worth turning in to insurance, so I bought a new plastic fender online and some "matched" spray paint for a ghetto DIY. Less than $150 and it looks like it, but thanks to whatever a-hole didn't want to leave a note.

I would definitely install a front and rear dash cam if I owned a newer vehicle. Wouldn't have caught a hit and run while parked, though.

Just to note, they have dashcams that continuously record even once the car is off (obviously you got to make sure to power it and that it doesn't drain the battery).

Im sorry to hear about the bad experiences you've had.

we're a self-centered sick society. There is, also, way too much pointing of the finger going on, a lacking of taking responsibility for our own "stuff" while forever calling others on what they did.

When we realize that any interaction IS relationship, and that relationship IS a mirror for us to see ourselves, life becomes much different.

Originally Posted By: Al
Most people are good and considerate. And if you don't live in a getto neighborhood, the riff-raff is probably less than 10% but with so many people the number of that 10% is increasing.

Just a fact of life.

Not when my whole state is a ghetto....which I can only feel bad for those who think they are moving to better areas....

Originally Posted By: stro_cruiser
Im sorry to hear about the bad experiences you've had.

we're a self-centered sick society. There is, also, way too much pointing of the finger going on, a lacking of taking responsibility for our own "stuff" while forever calling others on what they did.

When we realize that any interaction IS relationship, and that relationship IS a mirror for us to see ourselves, life becomes much different.

Yep!

Originally Posted By: CT8
We tolerate and accept this when we stand up and take control things will change.

Bingo. People need to stop accepting this bad behavior and take actions to penalize those responsible. For those that refuse to take
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for their negligent and or criminal actions serious consequences need to be enforced.

If I was the OP I would have gone into the store at the gas station and asked the cashier if they have cameras and gotten the video, also it is likely that the idiot that hit his truck used
a credit or debit card to pay for his purchase, and that will give you the perps ID. In any when possible make these irresponsible idiots PAY for their behavior, don't just brush it off.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97f150
A little bit about where I am coming from:
Almost a month ago, my wife's car was backed into.....in our driveway. Now this is the 3rd time our vehicles are hit in our driveway in the middle of the night with no knock or note, I have a good suspicion that its someone visiting the neighbors across the street backing straight into our driveway instead of backing and turning into the street.

This time it wasn't just a scratch and small dent like before. The trunk lid was crushed in and bumper was cracked, so I had to put it in the shop and pay an insurance deductible. Talking to the neighbors yielded nothing as expected.

How far away from your driveway is the house across the street?
And is your driveway flat or at an incline?

In my track neighborhood, the house across the street is a good distance away and our driveways are at opposite inclines from each other. A person backing into my driveway to turn around while hitting my car would have to be either extremely stupid or majorly intoxicated to pull that off. But reading your post makes me feel glad that I take the extra precaution of keeping the car in the garage.

Our driveways are flat, and my driveway is approx 30' long. No garage to park cars in. Years ago there was a garage, but a PO of the house turned that into a 400 sq ft living room.

Shame when you can't even park in your own driveway.
This is also the reason that I've been using a beater for commuting and shopping for the past couple of years.
I'm tired of having inconsiderate slobs damage what I consider to be our good cars.
Part of the problem is that many folks insist on parking close when they have an oversized ride and that they can neither see out of it well enough to properly manuever it in close quarters nor know how to properly position and use the side mirrors.
Too many people seem to agree to supersize it when they buy a daily driver which only makes inadvertant damage more likely.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
it is likely that the idiot that hit his truck used
a credit or debit card to pay for his purchase, and that will give you the perps ID. In any when possible make these irresponsible idiots PAY for their behavior, don't just brush it off.

^^This. The scum bag that hit your car and drove away is officially a criminal. The store would be required by law to cough up the offender's identity (to law enforcement).

Originally Posted By: Al
Most people are good and considerate. And if you don't live in a getto neighborhood, the riff-raff is probably less than 10% but with so many people the number of that 10% is increasing.

Just a fact of life.

+1

Only once did I ever have damage where I wasnt present. The person who did it left a note and offered to pay.

Originally Posted By: 97f150
Our driveways are flat, and my driveway is approx 30' long. No garage to park cars in. Years ago there was a garage, but a PO of the house turned that into a 400 sq ft living room.

I've never heard of nor seen a neighborhood where the houses were on the same elevation as the city street. Usually the street is lower in elevation than the houses. The only type of neighborhood around here where the living quarters are on the same elevation as the surrounding corridors would be a trailer park.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
What is the local police doing?

HAHA. Local police don't care ... at least around here. You have a legitimate problem where I live? Well you had better hope that the state troopers or county mounties can give you a hand.

I had someone BREAKING IN TO MY APARTMENT. The 911 dispatcher said they couldn't send anyone until after the person had broke in to my apartment.

Luckily I yelled that I had called the police and I had a rifle aimed at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back