Motomaster 3 ton double locking jackstand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have experience with them? I bought two pair of them but the welds are debatable

Any past experience? ALSO I do not understand why they do not recommend putting car on 4 jack stands

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motoma...ml#.VSy7KtzF-Rg

Similar to 3 ton torin jackstands w/ double locking mechanism

144853.jpg

Last edited:
It's probably easier to knock a car off 4 jack stands than the same car on 2 jack stands. The worry is about horizontal stability and not the rating of the jack stands. It's up to you to decide how many stands to employ at the same time.

If you put the car on 4 jackstands one corner will be plus or minus half an inch (up to one tooth on the pawl) from the rest of them in height, and not putting much weight on that corner. The chassis will flex, but it'll be uneven.

Interestingly, I just did exactly this. With the rear on stands under the rocker panels, in front of the rear axle, my lifting one front corner lifted the entire front of the car, evenly and without creaking or drama. The suspension on the opposite corner usually compresses diagonally.

I recommend a 2nd jack so you can lift the whole axle end of a car at once... just run around giving each side a few pumps so you can slide the stands in at the same time.

I'm thinking of leaving the jack in case, most use is for ATF change and tire change.

Tho any1 used this exact model before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back