Anyone a fan of Naked Juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoy the taste of Naked Green Machine. Loaded with greens and goodies, and it taste really good. Sometimes I accidently get the Probiotic Mango, thought it was green machine.
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They put sugar in them? That kinda defeats the whole purpose doesn't it?

There's no sugar added. It's the naturally occurring fructose from the fruit. It's a lot of fructose though.

My son will get one before an early game that will run through dinner time. Coupled with some sunflower seeds or something.

A little glycogen before the game to fuel the muscles. He'll burn it off.

The Bolthouse Farms "Green Goodness" is the best of them all. Almost identical ingredients, but way better taste.

Last edited:
The sugar content is way to high for me. I typically use 1/3 of a bottle, put in a little splenda and put two heaping teaspoons of psyllium in.....fill the rest with water.

Last edited:
Naked juice is good stuff and it helps to keep you on the path to a diet that is restricted to only food. A large percentage of stuff offered as food is anything but good nutrition.

Is drinking Naked Juice like drinking Mountain Dew?

Mountain Dew and Naked Green Machine have more in common than being green: they both have about 60 grams of sugar in a bottle. And a good percentage of that sugar is from fructose; in Green Machine that fructose comes from the fruit ingredients and in Mountain Dew it comes from High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Where the fructose comes from is really of no concern to your body. When you drink a Mountain Dew or a Naked juice, you’re consuming more fructose in one sitting than you should consume over the course of a few days.

We’ve talked about fructose before, but for those of you who need a quick review, fructose is a major contributor to elevated triglycerides and elevated LDL, depletion of vitamins and minerals, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis and even gout. It also makes you fat.

Fructose is metabolized differently by the body than other sugars like glucose. Unlike other sugars, fructose is taken straight to the liver where it is metabolized into free fatty acids (FFAs), VLDL (the damaging form of cholesterol), and triglycerides, which get stored as fat. When you eat 120 calories of glucose, less than one calorie is stored as fat. 120 calories of fructose results in 40 calories being stored as fat. Yet another reason why a calorie is not a calorie.

Your body can easily handle the fructose in whole fruit. But drinking it in a product like Naked Juice is not something I recommend — it’s simply too much at one sitting, especially if you’re drinking this stuff day after day.

To their credit, Naked is one of the companies that doesn’t lie to you when it puts “no added sugar” on the label. I checked the ingredients and they in fact don’t use any added sugars. But, they don’t have to. The fruits they use are so high in sugar it probably wouldn’t be edible if they added more.

Taken from here:
http://rebootedbody.com/naked-juice/

^^^WTG, glycemic index is the best way to evaluate these things.

WHOLE fruit is rarely a problem for most, just when we mess with it.

Personally, anything from a "Big Food" company would be avoided here...

Originally Posted By: Al
The sugar content is way to high for me. I typically use 1/3 of a bottle, put in a little splenda and put two heaping teaspoons of psyllium in.....fill the rest with water.
That Splenda will kill you before the sugar content which in juices is high and shouldn't replace water.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Al
That Splenda will kill you before the sugar content which in juices is high and shouldn't replace water.

Splenda (IMHO) is the most tested product on the planet..the fact that no health law suits have been successful against it in the last 20 years says wonders.

Last edited:
Get a juice extractor. You can make a quart of juice in a minute using real veggies.

Costs you pennies compared to the $4 that little bottle of naked juice costs.

Also no sugar.

I make one with Kale, cucumber, carrot, lemon and ginger. Tastes gross but I slug it down.

Naked Juice is the real deal. It has no added sugar because the brix (that is a term for sugar content) is very high just due to the sweetness of the fruit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back