Any V-8 juice lovers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and do any of you folks here enjoy a v-8 fusion or original v-8 once in a while like me? I use low sodium v-8 in my chili and a rice dish I homemake.

I drink the low sodium stuff--it's one of the best convenient sources of potassium, even better than bananas.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I used to love it until my Dr. advised that I use less salt. Didn't know they had a low sodium version out so I may try it. edd

I did as well and my Dr freaked. Sodium even high in the low sodium version. I've been juicing on my own and it does take some clean up but my numbers have been excellent since I've been doing it. 42 years old and I see me juicing and/or Vitamix " EN for the rest of my days.

Side note, I make a lot of my own soups and get very irritated at the high sodium in the low sodium chicken, veggie, and beef broth as well. I sound 75 and cranky
06.gif

I should say: cholesterol low, blood pressure as taken today, 119 over 72 (use to be naturally high even in good shape). I'm that guy that is very sensitive to the sodium. An excellent Italian wedge with good meats will make me feel the sodium hit about 30 min later. But I love my cappicol, suersaut, etc... ya I spelled em wrong. Bad 1/2 Italian.

Last edited:
The hot and spicy version is the one I drink every morning.

Originally Posted By: Bud
The hot and spicy version is the one I drink every morning.

Redeyes! It's good mixed with beer....

I've always had a taste for V-8 and always keep some in my refrigerator at work.
OTOH, I've only owned a single V-8 vehicle in my life, and that's our old beater/hauler E350 with its 351W.

2c: Pointless and potentially toxic. Its pasteurized and its in plastic.

Yer way better off buying a decent juicer and making your own from organic produce.

As for the sodium thing, there's much more to it than we've been told.

Originally Posted By: stro_cruiser
2c: Pointless and potentially toxic. Its pasteurized and its in plastic.

Yer way better off buying a decent juicer and making your own from organic produce.

As for the sodium thing, there's much more to it than we've been told.

they sell the metal cans up here. I drink it sometimes. my grandma always had it in her house but she passed away a while ago so it's not stocked in the family's houses any more.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Originally Posted By: Eddie
I used to love it until my Dr. advised that I use less salt. Didn't know they had a low sodium version out so I may try it. edd

I did as well and my Dr freaked. Sodium even high in the low sodium version. I've been juicing on my own and it does take some clean up but my numbers have been excellent since I've been doing it. 42 years old and I see me juicing and/or Vitamix " EN for the rest of my days.

Side note, I make a lot of my own soups and get very irritated at the high sodium in the low sodium chicken, veggie, and beef broth as well. I sound 75 and cranky
06.gif

I should say: cholesterol low, blood pressure as taken today, 119 over 72 (use to be naturally high even in good shape). I'm that guy that is very sensitive to the sodium. An excellent Italian wedge with good meats will make me feel the sodium hit about 30 min later. But I love my cappicol, suersaut, etc... ya I spelled em wrong. Bad 1/2 Italian.

X2 on the vitamix. Been making smoothies for the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back