Mazda 3 Push Button Start Quirk

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first start is always normal. Any subsequent start after that, the car starts a bit funny. I don't know if it's a timing issue with the starter or just how it's supposed to be. Any idea? 2015. I may take it to the dealer just to see if it's normal.

For example, first start after a few hours where the car sat, it starts fine. If I drive it for say 5 minutes, turn it off and then try and start it again, it starts a bit funny. Not as smooth as it should. Hard to describe. Is that a normal characteristic of this car?

Sounds like a vacuum leak. I assume if take off and drive a 1/10th of a mile it goes away?

If you mean it cranks longer (and a little bit of hesitation after the engine catches), that's quite normal.

GDI or some multiport EFI: the fuel mapping associated to the internal engine coolant temp may have caused slightly excessive fuel-trim (running a tad richer), combined with whatever still remains inside the combustion chamber due to quick shutdown/brief engine warm up from cold), causing the spark plug not to catch the fuel-mix as quick as it should (when compared to completely cold start).

I had this happened to my fit many moons ago. but since then I keep my engine warm up (running) instead of abrupt shutoff, and it never happened again afterwards.

Q.

This engine isn't start/stop e-loop or whatever Mazda calls it? If it was, I'd expect the engine to know exactly where it is in the firing order and how much fuel is injected into which chamber..

Originally Posted By: Quest
If you mean it cranks longer (and a little bit of hesitation after the engine catches), that's quite normal.

GDI or some multiport EFI: the fuel mapping associated to the internal engine coolant temp may have caused slightly excessive fuel-trim (running a tad richer), combined with whatever still remains inside the combustion chamber due to quick shutdown/brief engine warm up from cold), causing the spark plug not to catch the fuel-mix as quick as it should (when compared to completely cold start).

I had this happened to my fit many moons ago. but since then I keep my engine warm up (running) instead of abrupt shutoff, and it never happened again afterwards.

Q.

Interesting, this sounds a lot like what I'm trying to describe. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back