AWD Cutlass burnout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros: I love G-bodies. Kudos to him for making a nice one.

Cons: If he was my neighbor, I'd still call the cops. That driveway burnout nonsense is just dumb and dangerous.

That was awesome!! I love those bodystyle Olds and and Buicks!! BUT the ghetto aftermarket wheels are hideous. He needs to put the oem Cutlass wheels back on.

Wow. I think I'd rather have that than the AWD Mustang from the last Ken Block video.

Agreed- the wheels are hideous though.

cool.gif

with all the hate towards one another's neighbor, makes me think against ever owning a home. Sheesh, you can't do anything without upsetting SOMEONE

Aside from that, the car is ok I guess

Originally Posted By: CT8
That was a 2:31 minute waste of my life.

What's even more lame for you is, you wasted the time to post about it.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
How did they get the car to be AWD ?

I'm guessing the drivetrain out of something like a Trailblazer SS.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I'm guessing the drivetrain out of something like a Trailblazer SS.

Interesting. Thanks Drew.
smile.gif

Cubic dollars.

Or as noted, a transplant from a similar-sized SUV.

Gotta say I'm really curious about the front suspension setup, bet that's no live axle under there, nor a particularly direct swap of any SUV IFS, either. Lots O custom, I bet.

Looks like a very nice and very fun G-Body, though I agree with some others that I'd probably change the wheels.

I think Grand National/T-Type or GNX style wheels would look awesome on that car.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

Cubic dollars.

Or as noted, a transplant from a similar-sized SUV.

Gotta say I'm really curious about the front suspension setup, bet that's no live axle under there, nor a particularly direct swap of any SUV IFS, either. Lots O custom, I bet.

Surely tons of fab work, but I think Drew might be spot on about it using GMT360 running gear. The Trailblazer SS and Saab 97X were both pretty low slung, AWD, V8s, using the 4L70E trans. Pretty good stuff for doing something like this. 97Xs don't have very good resale considering the powertrain equipment many have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back