Accord Sport Owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me what other differences in "suspension"(other than the 18" wheels/tires) between the Accord LX and SPORT? Now, I do realize the the SPORT has other features(4-5 more HP, rear spoiler, twin exhaust ports etc.) but, I like my cars kind'a basic anyway!

I test drove a '15 Accord SPORT the other day but, I think I would really like the LX w/16" wheels/tires. I am interested in another Accord(have had two others) but, I may also look at used Accords, if the prices aren't in the stratosphere due to Honda's high resale...which is why I always bought a new Accord!
smile.gif

I'm liking the LX mainly because it can be had with other interior colors. Whereas the SPORT can only be had with a Black interior and I want Tan-ish! And I don't want an EX or above!

Last edited:
Make sure the seats are not different. Some of those base model Honda's use some ho hum seats compared to a slightly upper model one and you'll save now and pay in rear latter.

I think the sport is mainly appearance. When I was shopping I think the only real difference was the 18" wheels and the ability to shift the auto using paddles. Limited color choices as you mentioned, 4cyl automatic.

I would bet, for commonality, that Honda uses the same suspension on all models. The only thing they may change is sway bar diameter but I bet the struts are the same.

If you look at last-gen Accords, there is a pretty good price delta from the new ones. I paid $15,300 for a CPO '12 LX with 49k miles. The '13's were considerably more. They did make a lot of changes because the '09-'12's were considered bloated and unrefined. The '13 got shortened but the interior stayed the same size. DI on the engine.

I like mine just fine. I use the stock 16" wheels for winter tires and got a set of 17" for summer use. Just sporty enough. I get 33.7mpg tracked over 18k miles since October.

The Sport package is a different engine tune, dual exhaust, 18" wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, fog lights, trunk lid spoiler and a more coarse fabric. I believe it was 2014, all cloth models got a fabric upgrade where many have said the LX seems of good quality versus other years (que my car). Suspension is allegedly "sport tuned" (good luck on truly figuring out the differences), however, it may just have a firmer ride do to a different tire/wheel size.

Sports come with a K24W3 Direct Injected 2.4L EarthDreams I4 mated to a 6-speed manual or CVT with paddle shifters with 7 virtual gears.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
Get the EX-L w/o Nav - I did, don't regret it one bit!

In my own cars, I don't like sunroofs nor leather. Our Lexus in my signature has both but, it's not my car, it's my wife's!

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Make sure the seats are not different. Some of those base model Honda's use some ho hum seats compared to a slightly upper model one and you'll save now and pay in rear latter.

I didn't think that the SPORT's seats were all that comfortable to begin with. Others may disagree but, it's my back/butt, not theirs.
smile.gif

The NEW Altima has the best seat comfort even in it's standard trim. I also drove it on a loooooong test drive and didn't like many other things about the NEW Altima!

The NEW Camry is second to the Altima in seat comfort and I liked much more about it!

BTW, I just extensively drove 5 new cars all in one day!

Accord
Altima
Camry
Mazda6
Sonata
I may test the Legacy next, IDK! I don't really want AWD!

All have their +/- but, I'm looking for the vehicle that I can live with over the loooooong haul like the vehicles I currently have! I am taking my time!
smile.gif

I can elaborate on any one of the models that I test drove above if anyone is interested. I test drove each one for close to an hour each! I was gone all day doing this and was completely exhausted when I was done. But, it was as close to a side-by-side test that I could do myself!

Each dealership were on the same strip/road so, I didn't have to go far for any of the cars!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wormwood1978
I believe the base model has manual adjusting seats, Sport and the next model up have powered seats

Yes! And I still couldn't get quite comfortable! The seat foam is hard and the seat fabric is coarse feeling. But, all the new cars seem to be this way! Or really cheap fabric!
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Yes! And I still couldn't get quite comfortable! The seat foam is hard and the seat fabric is coarse feeling. But, all the new cars seem to be this way! Or really cheap fabric!
frown.gif

This is why I generally don't like "fabric/cloth". I buy leather in my vehicles because that's the only other choice. If pleather/vinyl were a choice, that'd be great, too. Anything but cloth for me.

Our '08 CR-V EX-L has the nice tan interior and it looks wonderful. I just crossed 100k miles this past week and plan to document with a bunch of pics to show how everything is wearing. The driver's seat shows some wear, but it's not bad. Other seats still look new. Honda's leather is firm and not terribly supple, but it seems to be at least halfway durable. Our Acura's leather is much more supple. I've been satisfied with both.

The Altima and Lexus in my sig both have TAN interiors and they look GREAT! Easy to clean and, this is what I like to do(detail my cars).

But, I also like the TAN look best of today's interior colors. It's relaxing on the eyes in addition to, I find it comforting on the nerves and so does my wife! It presents itself as a(for us) relaxing driving environment!

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I can elaborate on any one of the models that I test drove above if anyone is interested.

If you find the time, I'd like your review of all those you test drove.

I have a 2015 Accord Sport and like it very much.

I heard/read that the suspension tuning is different on the Sport, and I can attest that the car's ride is pretty stiff (as are the seats) but the 235/45-18 tires are probably a good part of that. I can't imagine the non-Sport models are designed to ride that stiffly. I think the average Accord driver would want the ride to be a little more cushy.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Isn't the sport available in 6 speed manual?

Yes but only with black or white exteriors.

Unfortunately the 6MT only comes in Modern Steel Metallic or Crystal Black Pearl.

Originally Posted By: redhat
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Isn't the sport available in 6 speed manual?

Yes but only with black or white exteriors.

Unfortunately the 6MT only comes in Modern Steel Metallic or Crystal Black Pearl.

White must have been the 2014 model then.

I was curious about this and did some Googling. It looks like you may be in luck (at least for the 2014 MY, might need to double check if it carries for 2015), the LX appears to have the same part numbers for the suspension as the Sport. The EX has different parts.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/162-wheels-suspension-brakes/133082-sport-suspension.html

Overall, I think their consensus is that the difference is minor, that the 18" wheels are the largest contributor to the difference in feel.

I believe the Sport has a different steering ratio too, that'll probably be more noticeable.

The Sport also has a front upper Strut Bar. But I don't know how much difference it makes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back