First UOA to NAPA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I send samples to Polaris, but this time I tried NAPA. As usual the mean postman in Albany held my sample for almost a month before sending it on. I mail it at various local post offices, which send it to Albany for sorting where it stays for a month before being sent on.

So the UOA has no listing for fuel dilution or Oxidation/Nitration. Since I had new injectors installed I was looking to see fuel dilution.

There may be other sample kits available at NAPA but I could not determine the difference from looking at the catalog at the store.

Back to Polaris.

I've learned to put the sample in a puffy brown envelope and mail it myself at a PO has has "do it yourself" facilities. Too easy to
"lose" or mislay the sample mailer bottle. Also I send it priority so I can track it. Usually get a report in about a week or ten days.

Originally Posted By: tc1446
I've learned to put the sample in a puffy brown envelope and mail it myself at a PO has has "do it yourself" facilities. Too easy to
"lose" or mislay the sample mailer bottle. Also I send it priority so I can track it. Usually get a report in about a week or ten days.

Actually I think the problem is strictly related to the Albany NY sorting post office. I do not think its widespread.

Originally Posted By: tc1446

Yup, me too. I can't comment on the napa vs polaris part but I normally have no trouble with the mail guys. Unfortunately, I had a sample take the "long way" to Ft. Wayne, Indiana from home. Like always my sample left my little post office and a few hours later it arrived in Rochester, NY. However, this time it went to San Antonio, TX and fell off the radar. Now, six days later it has been delivered and waiting for testing.

I contacted the lab that processes Wix kits -- ALS Tribology, I believe, which is in Atlanta, GA -- and was told by a gentleman that works there that their local post office holds mail for a week or longer no mater how you send it or package it. He said that UPS and FedEx are not an issue though. I have not changed oil so have not mailed the sample yet but am curious how it will work out. I am most likely going to use a USPS First Class shipping label purchased via PayPal (comes with tracking). Mailing that was to Blackstone was never an issue. Appears to depend on a particular post office where the package is sent from and delivered to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back