2015 Hyundai Genesis Owners get 4 New Tires Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/...edans/index.htm

"……..Until now, all versions of the Hyundai Genesis with 18- or 19-inch wheels have been fitted with Hankook Venus S1 Noble 2 tires. The Hankook 18-inch tires will be replaced with a Michelin model, while all 19-inch tires will be replaced with Continental ProContact DX rubber (per service campaign P18).

“Our dealers will replace the current tires with four brand new tires, regardless of whether the customer has experienced issues with the tires or not,” said Hyundai spokesman Jim Trainor…………"

The original Ventus S1 Noble was a well-reviewed tire. I wonder what the issue is with this vibration ( bad production run, can't balance, etc. ) as I noticed the original Ventus V2 Concept is a better tire than the newer version also...

Hyundai is being deliberately vague.

Something is up, and they know it. They don't want to be specific as to what it is. They're not spending money unless they have to.

I think it's a Hankook thing. My aunt's 2013 Beetle's tires started making a growling roaring noise (sounded like a bad wheel bearing) only at lower speeds at 13k miles. At 25k miles it's still doing it, garbage tires.

Just an educated guess:

I'll bet the camber/ toe setting is less than ideal for tire wear - AND - they found the Hankook tire to be more susceptible than the Michelin and Conti. So rather than admit the alignment is bad, they blame it on the tires. This has happened before with another vehicle manufacturer (actually, more than once!)

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I think it's a Hankook thing. My aunt's 2013 Beetle's tires started making a growling roaring noise (sounded like a bad wheel bearing) only at lower speeds at 13k miles. At 25k miles it's still doing it, garbage tires.

My Focus did that with it's factory Hankook's. I think it was the rear end being toed out too much causing the tires to wear pretty quickly, though.

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
Just an educated guess:

I'll bet the camber/ toe setting is less than ideal for tire wear - AND - they found the Hankook tire to be more susceptible than the Michelin and Conti. So rather than admit the alignment is bad, they blame it on the tires. This has happened before with another vehicle manufacturer (actually, more than once!)

Business 101, when you can blame someone else!

Quote:
When originally contacted at that time, Hyundai Motor America had not announced plans to replace tires for American customers. When we recontacted Hyundai on April 7, it appeared that our persistence had resulted in the service campaign being extended to U.S. customers.

Hmm CR seems to think they're the only reason Hyundai recalled tires in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back