Gumout Q&A - Fuel System Additives

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
Quote:
Edit: The answers have been posted here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/gumout-q-a-april-2015/

All of us at Gumout Performance Additives would like to thank you for the great interaction you had with us last year when we began our partnership with the Bob is the Oil Guy site. It’s excellent to see that all of you are just as interested in fuel additives as you are with motor oil. At the end of the day, it’s all about understanding maintenance products and keeping your vehicle running its best and we’re glad we can help you do that. So we are excited to announce that we are continuing our relationship with BITOG, and with all of you faithful followers.

Gumout will be hosting Q&A sessions on a more regular basis this year so we can provide you with fuel additive/system insights and facts so that you can make an educated decision on what products are right for you and your vehicle. All of you are knowledge seekers and love facts and proof; our goal is to provide that to you.

We would like to answer your general questions about fuel system additives in this first Q&A. In future Q&A's we will address more specific topics.

We are extremely excited to provide you with this service, but do have a few requests:

Please understand that there will be some questions that we will not be able to answer. Some of our formulation information is proprietary, such as how much of a certain additive we put in our products, and can only provide feedback on our areas of expertise.

Please understand that we will not speculate on the products of our competitors, but we may be able provide you with ways to determine what they may have in their formulations. Not all fuel additives are created equal, so question claims and benefits and demand more information on what is in the product, what tests were used to determine efficacy and what were those results.

We look forward to your questions and thanks for your involvement!

Interested in GDI fuel system maintenance, from tank to high pressure pump to injectors and upper cylinder. Is there a product with DI in mind?

I use almost always Gumout All in One but occassionally the octane booster.Does the octane booster have PEA in it? The side of the bottle lists its dangers and lists Amines. Both of your products I run in a hyundai gdi 2012 with 0 ethanol fuel and pennzoil synthetics. Mileage is 118,112 and I still get 38mpg+

Good day and thank you.

How does your product keep GDI (direct injection) intake systems clean when fuel doesn't reach Intake Valves in a conventional PFI way.

So for example
How much PEA does your "All in ONE" product have?

Rather than answer the question we will get an answer that sounds something like

"Well how do you feel it is working?"
smile.gif
Meaning you will have to buy and try without any gauge on performance other than Gumout advertising.

I understand you cant give exact precentages. How about a small range then? "Like ALL IN ONE has between 50% and 60% PEA."

If you cant tell me how much is in it why am I buying it.

Perfect example of better products through marketing.

How many horsepower does the Car have? Company answer,"Well how much do you think it has? does it feel fast enough?"

Much like speaker companies who refuse to list speaker frequency such as "20hz-20,000hz at -3db"

The response from companies like BOSE
"Well how does it sound to you?" OooOOooO

Last edited:
Can Gumout provide more before and after photos/videos of their product in action? Words are great but pictures (especially videos) are even better.

And does Gumout all in One really cleans piston crown carbon deposits? How much percent for each treatment? Are you aware of ChrisFix video on youtube about it?

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions;

Do you have before and after images from a borescope?

Do your amines survive combustion and if so, are they effective in cleaning the EGR valve?

Thanks
smile.gif

What is the mechanism by which additives keep a direct injection system clean? If they combust fully, how do they support cleaning of valves and other locations where DI engines are known to foul? If they survive combustion, how do they not cause excess HC emissions numbers and failure by the EPA?

SOme of your additives containing PEA can be used in the oil as well as the gas. What purpose does PEA serve in the oil?

I have a vehicle known for oil consumption due to coking of the piston rings. Some people have had success using various cleaners or solvents to perform a "piston soak" on the vehicle. Is Gum Out "Expert" Multi System tune up appropriate for use in a piston soak? Will it provide any ring cleansing if used in the crankcase?

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
So for example
How much PEA does your "All in ONE" product have?

Rather than answer the question we will get an answer that sounds something like

"Well how do you feel it is working?"
smile.gif
Meaning you will have to buy and try without any gauge on performance other than Gumout advertising.

I understand you cant give exact precentages. How about a small range then? "Like ALL IN ONE has between 50% and 60% PEA."

If you cant tell me how much is in it why am I buying it.

Perfect example of better products through marketing.

How many horsepower does the Car have? Company answer,"Well how much do you think it has? does it feel fast enough?"

Much like speaker companies who refuse to list speaker frequency such as "20hz-20,000hz at -3db"

The response from companies like BOSE
"Well how does it sound to you?" OooOOooO

+1000

CRC says % of PEA in their product, and considering they are your competitor, I feel like you also should specify the same info.

I have used gumout carb spray and throttle body cleaner for as long as i can remember and always had good results.. Although I had a number of cans that had spray issues over the years. I used to also use the gumout in the gas but i have switched to Techron not for any special reason.

Is there a concern over using gumout products with PEA during the middle of oil change interval OCI. I used redline si-1 which has lots of PEA and tech support said it was fine with no adverse effects. Can gumout improve winter startup and do you have pictures and or videos to show the improvements using gumout with PEA. Will gumout with PEA clean egr,pcv, and other emissions sufficently over time or over just one application bi monthly. Last I use CRC intake valve cleaner for gdi, can your all in one or multi purpose bottle that resembles the stp and seafoam can be used to directly clean throttle body and manifold if applied through spray mister and squirt bottle? Thanks

Now well(if they do) lube the system, like say Lucas does?

Are the more complete versions of your product work well with the smaller engines?

Gumout Professional Pro 2 Step cleaner is being sold at Ollie's Bargain Outlet. The intake portion needs an applicator which is unavailable. Can the intake bottle be used in the gas tank. Will it benefit the vehicle to use it this way.

Does the gas tank portion have any PEA in it.

BITOG link on product in Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3679583/Ollie%27s_Bargain_Outlet-_Gumout#Post3679583

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back