Highest Capacity 9MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flush fit mag or..? You do know most major brand pistols have extended 30+ rd. or so mags available, factory and aftermarket. There are much more important factors than what gun holds the most rds.
35.gif

Glock, and a few other have aftermarket gimmick drum magazines that hold 50 or more rounds. If you're talking about a 9 MM AR platform gun, C-Mag makes a 100 round drum that fits. The problem with all of these type of magazines is they are heavy and unwieldy. Some also require lubricated ammunition.

You're best bet for high capacity in a handgun would be Glock, with their factory 33 round stick magazine. They're relatively cheap and available, work well, and don't make your pistol feel like you hung a boat anchor from the magwell. They will also work in all of their double stack 9 MM models. Glock 26, 19, or 17.

Here's a Glock full auto but you are limited to 100 rounds.

You'd have to be careful about conserving your ammo. You'd point the gun at someone that is a threat and only hold down the trigger until their limbs start to fall off. With only 100 rounds you should always carry at least 2 spare magazines.

The problem might be that this setup is difficult to hide under your jacket.

Link

Glock has 33, 50, and 100 round aftermarket magazines available for their double stack 9 mm. Calico made a 9mm that had 50 and 100 round rotary magazines. I've not seen more than 100 rounds for a 9mm.

Standard capacity magazines (flush fit) seem to top out around 17 plus one in the chamber. Glock, again, has +2 magazine extensions that would give you 19 plus one.

My Glock 17 holds 17 rounds with the regular magazines. Any full size pistol holds plenty, but if you're looking for high capacity, Glock makes a 33 round magazine that fit any of the 9mm pistol line, so you can have, say a Glock 19 that is reasonable size, and load it up to 33+1...

But I struggle to understand why that one parameter matters above any others.

What's your intended use for the gun?

I've got just the thing for you.

(Video removed)

Seriously though, if you need more than 17, you should probably have a rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glock makes a FACTORY 33rd mag. It was designed for the full auto Glock 18, but works in the other Glock fullsize 9mm pistols as well such at the Glock 17. These do stick out quite a ways though.

Beretta also makes a 30rd mag for the Beretta 92(also because they made a full auto version in the 93R). Again these stick way out.

I assume we're talking normal, factory flush-fit magazines, here.

Many 9mms are in the 16-17 round arena. Glock 17, Smith M&P, etc. There are a few with 18 or 19 round mags as factory mags. CZ P-09 and some of the Springfield XDs come to mind. I'm sure there are others. My dad's STI Edge 2011 holds 20 rounds, but that's not a common gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back